Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your homeschool's name?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been trying to think of a name for us and I can't think of ANYTHING I like lol. Right now I'm stuck on Epic Elementary or Epic Academy but looking for something else...
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
OakesMama
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Dunnwrite Homeschool is what everything is shipped to. Dunn is my Grandfathers last name and well I love to write. Put together it sounds like "done right " so it was an inside pun that we found cute.

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I never named our school. The closest we came was naming our school blog - "chasing butterflies". 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

mommynightowl
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM
We are still in the process of getting everything ready to start next year. (I'm going to let my daughter finish her last month of public school)

My husband suggested The Homan Institute for Higher Learning, as in Xavier's school for the xmen. But we are nerds like that. My youngest is named after a motal combat character.
celticdragon77
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Oh, do some of you need a name or something?

I thought about asking my kids about naming our "school", but I know that my ten year old son would roll his eyes. My 8yr old daughter would like doing it maybe. 

crzy4crm
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I read somewhere not to use the last name. Something about the transcripts for college. That colleges dislike it? Anyone know?
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Grace academy. DD's name is grace.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM
We don't have one.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I have heard this, too.

Quoting crzy4crm:

I read somewhere not to use the last name. Something about the transcripts for college. That colleges dislike it? Anyone know?
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I like it.

Quoting OakesMama:

Dunnwrite Homeschool is what everything is shipped to. Dunn is my Grandfathers last name and well I love to write. Put together it sounds like "done right " so it was an inside pun that we found cute.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Fun!

Quoting jeweldragons:

Galaxy Explorers Academy.  Mascot: Falcon.  Motto: Knowledge is the gateway to the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN