Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's almost summer! What is your last day of school?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you are stopping for the summer, what is your end date?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

We're not stopping.

amandae21
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Probably when DD realizes her PS friends are out lol. I want to continue unschooling through summer though.

1Redapple
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM

June 7 is the last day.  I tried Home schooling after leaving a on line public, but I really started doubting myself.  So now my dd is on this Charter school schedual, but she is still at home.

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I have one that will finish aroung the 1st of July and the other around the middle of July.  My oldest is 3 weeks behind PS here.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM

The first year is always really tough! What are your plans for next year?

Quoting 1Redapple:

June 7 is the last day.  I tried Home schooling after leaving a on line public, but I really started doubting myself.  So now my dd is on this Charter school schedual, but she is still at home.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Quoting CaitsCookies:

We're not stopping.

What grades are your kids?

WantedNameTaken
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM

June 7th is our last day of this school year, but we've always worked for a few hours each day in the summer when the kids weren't scheduled for day camp. Since they're in middle school and high school, I'll ease up a bit, so that they can just enjoy being with friends, traveling, and relaxing.  Independent reading and math review will still be required a couple of days per week.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM
We are go8ing year round and we have hit a really good stride right now. I am not planning to take a break until we hit burn out..which I am guessing will probably be around the end of May. We will probably take a couple weeks off and then get back to it until the beginning of August when Hubby has his vacation. Then we will work until our BIG trip to Reno Nevada in October.
At least that is the plan anyways. Lol it is subject to change at any time. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM

We pretty much school year round

CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Quoting mem82:

Quoting CaitsCookies:

We're not stopping.

What grades are your kids?

5th & pre-PreK. The 10yo is behind, thanks to the local public school system, so we unschool year-round to play catch-up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)