Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's almost summer! What is your last day of school?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you are stopping for the summer, what is your end date?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM
We're doing year around school but we have a week we will be taking off in June for vacation and we will take breaks when we need them!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommeisQueen
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Informal homeschooling is year round and includes lots of student guided instruction:)
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
We're doing year around. We kind of got behind on Math and reading- kind of... lol. So we will continue that for the summer. I will have him do 5 pages of math a day and reading a book or two during the summer. No science, no grammar, no spelling, no nothing unless otherwise asked for it. We are right on track with grammar, science, writing, and ahead on history. Oh we will also keep up with spanish since it's a use or lose it kind of thing.
NoraDun
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM

March was our last day for this year. We will start back in June after we move!

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Our last day of ps is June 28th!! I can't wait. I am soooo hoping and praying that everything works out so that is their last day of school and my last day of work (I work in the same district) and that we can start hsing in the fall and I will just do some retail work or something PT. Ideally, we will have a house by then so I can take a kid or two in and make money that way. Or I will find a WAH editing job. If not, then I need to have a big talk with my mother in law that I don't want to have about me being a SAHM and hsing, not sure where she stands on the whole idea yet...and we live with her right now, so it would be a decision that possibly affects her (actually, no, it really has no or very little affect on her, but she will feel like it does so I owe her the courtesy of having a discussion about it).

So everyone wish us luck and send some good vibes our way so it hopefully all works out :)
homeschoolx3
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Our last "official" day is May 17, but we will probily work on core subjects here a there.

IntlMom12
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I won't be stopping. My boys are on K and pre-K so we'll continue doing things through the summer.

Carmen
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NKJ

superwoman0105
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We are ending on May 31 because my brother is getting married in another state on June 7 and we need to go to the wedding.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I plan for us to finish up May 17th for this school year.  Ds (9) will continue with a little math and reading each day through out our summer break.  I plan to start back in early August.  I will keep working with my preschooler a little all summer.

blueyedbaker
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It will probably be the last day in May that will be 180 days for us. Can't wait!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)