Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you set up your end of year testing or portfolios?

Posted by   + Show Post

If your state requires them?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Replies (11-15):
OneToughMami
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Not yet.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I keep my portfolio all year long.  I place their best work in the portfolio and as I get things that are even better I just take out the old stuff and put in the new stuff.  It's also the easiest way to keep the beginning of the year handwriting samples so they can see how much they've improved (the kids, not the evaluator).

We don't have our evaluation meeting until the end of May, so still a month away!

leighp1
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I have all my dd's work in folders, seperated by subject.  I am not sure what we are doing right now to be honest.  I don't even know when I am supposed to send it to the district. We have to get an evaluation done, but she had an evaluation done at her doctor's office (they tested her IQ and for some disabilities as well).  I am wondering if the doctor would sign the papers saying she is well above her grade level.  If that doesn't pan out, I do have a teacher friend that said she would sign the papers.  All I would have to do is to actually show her the documents from the doctor's office and that should be enough.  I am supposed to keep a portfolio for so many years.  Guess I really should get to that. Would hate for them to audit me.

Walnutgrovefarm
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Thankfully our state does not require any testing or portfolios. I keep all paper and workbooks anyway.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'll be starting that soon...most likely not starting til next week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)