Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi Everyone ! I'm Rhonda a ''Go Green Grandma (Mom)'' and Homeschooler :)

Posted by   + Show Post
Love it that I see a group geared towards Homeschooling ! I have been homeschooling my grandson (Son) now since 2nd grade, and before that, I had homeschooled his dad. I am grateful to be able to do so! There are Too many reasons why... to even list. I appreciate being added to the room, and hope that I can contribute tid bits here & and learn some things as well !
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, we all try our best to be kind & supportive to each other.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi, Rhonda! It's so cool that you get to homeschool the child of your own child, and you're protecting, educating, and nurturing the second generation. That's amazing! I hope I have the same opportunity. I have a socially late blooming 19 y.o. I homeschooled for the final two years of his schooling, and an almost 4 y.o. maniac I have just started schooling in earnest, and judging by their personalities, they'll each make me a grandmother around the same time LOL. I for one look forward to your contributions of experienced wisdom! ;0) Welcome!
Kat0038
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, glad you have joined us.

Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Thank you ! I'm glad I could join here too ! :)
Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Awesome ! That's the way we should all try and treat each other. Thank you for the welcome. :)
Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I can totally relate to how you're feeling !   LOL   Be THANKFUL  neither has made you a ''grandmother''... Yet !        I became one at age 40, and my son was around 19 when my grandson came along.   I have 3 grandkids that we know of for sure, and a couple that we're not sure of, but I have gotten to see at least once.   I haven't gotten yet though to be a regular 'grandma' yet.   I raise this one, I was raising the youngest one two different times, but no longer... and I have joint-custody now of the middle granddaughter, ( which I don't get to see)... Long story, but, if you don't have a lot of money to fight for your visitation rights, then... well what can I say ?     So,  I just do the best I can, pray a lot, and leave the rest to God.   All I can do.     I hadn't ever planned on homeschooling, but... when my son was diagnosed with ADHD years ago, last part of 5th grade (before anyone had ever heard of ADHD).... I went to all the classes, etc, and even though he AND my grandson were way ahead of their class.... The teachers wanted me to put them on medication, because they couldn't always sit still like a little angel.   Come on....   So, after a few schools, public & private with my son, and no one willing to do any one on one, but instead just wanted him sedated to blend in .... I decided to home school, (hadn't ever heard of it, or even knew if I could)  LOL ... but I did.    When my grandson went Pre-K - 1st grade in public school, it started all over again... I said, oh no... and began homeschooling him.    We do what we have to do for our kids !     I'm not perfect by any means, but, at least my family knows I love them, and I will always try what I can, in order to help them , as well as advocate for them.   If I don't.... who will ?     : )

Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Thank you so much ! :)
Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Thank you ! :)
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

Rhondaspeaks
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Thank you!  : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN