Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

if you order curriculum

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I like to order my curriculum online for my son. I recently bought my son's 1st grade curriculum from Timberdoodle &  it arrived today. Two boxes full of books & puzzles. Lots of goodies. He was excited & we spent time looking at stuff.

Thing is, I have a daughter who is almost 3. She was so disappointed didn't get a box of her own (honestly I didn't even think about it). I was planning on doing Letter of the Week with her (I already got a few binders around & working on others). . .but now she wants a box full of books lol. She keeps asking me when her's is coming. Maybe I'll order her some reading books & say they are her school books. 

I just thought it was kinda cute how much she wants her OWN books hehe. :) Do your younger kids want  "curriculum" too if your older one gets any? 

"I give You my apathy, I give you all of me, I want Your symphony, singing in all that I am, at the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back, so I lay my head back down, & I lift my hands & I pray to be only Yours, I pray to be only Yours, I know now You're my only hope" Switchfoot

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Maridel
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yes don't forget the little ones! Some easy reading books and some art supplies that you probably would have purchased at the store anyway will make her feel like she is part of school too.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I agree with Maridel!

I always order a little for my youngest.  Picture books, Puzzles, etc.  They know the biggest boxes are going to be for me and for the oldest because we pass so much down, but something little for the youngest gets them excited for school.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

My little guy at the beginning of school yr last year was so offended (but also ready for a few school books of his own) that he got his stuff as a Christmas present. He was just as thrilled with his own math book as he was with his Captain America action figure lol.  This year, they'll be getting their school stuff at the same time.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Off topic - did you used to be a member on a board called APA?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN