Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else excited for next year?

Posted by   + Show Post

I think I know which curricula I'll order for my rising 7th grader and my rising kindergartner. I'm going tomorrow to register my eldest for her co-op classes.

I don't think I'll be able to wait until August to start the new year... lol. <---- this is why I still haven't ordered. Once hte books arrive, mom will want to start.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Yes, I get excited every year at this time... starting fresh each time is sooo fun.   We love getting new things to explore and curriculum to enjoy.   We are also looking forward to a short down time before June (when we plan on starting this year)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We are.  We just went to the homeschool charter school for my 7 year old.  They let you teach and design your days your own way and I can teach the curriculum I picked any which way.  That is awesome because my 6 year old is staying with CAVA, with no freedom.  We will start back on July 15th after the school year ends June 11th.  Their schools will not be back on till August or September.  I just like to get started on our summer program.  We work through the summer so they dont forget anything.  They have workbooks to start.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM

We already have most of the curriculum for ds1 for 5th grade.  Ds2 will be doing pre-school next year.  We just got the Hooked on Phonics set and ds2 is excited to get started.

We are ready for our summer break and will not start back until the beginning of August. 

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM

No I really can not wait either because this is our first year that er are were our own curriculum. I have a lot of things that I want to try and then a lot of things that my high school want to try as well. That is another big thing that my oldest is going to be in 9th grade and I am learning a lot about making curriculums'. I have my kindergartens most of the way done. Now I am trying to work on my soon to be 5th grader. Then I can start my oldest one. I like so if we have to spend more time on something else then we can work on that and I can push something back. This year I started all year around school because we was messing a couple of lesson. However my youngestchildren does all year around anyway.Playing educational lots of field trips like zoo and Hartman Reserve has a lot of activities for science for the as well the Social Studies museums.

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Nervous but also very excited. We start in July. I still have a lot to do. 

katinahat
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I am SUPER excited for next year (school year)! Aubs will be 2 years old, so she'll start really exploding both verbally and cognitively. She'll be able to know the difference between pirates and dinosaurs, she'll be able to do more activities, and she'll be able to learn words about each topic! SO SO exciting!!!

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

http://merrrfamily.blogspot.com/

lucsch
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oh, yeah! I get what you are saying!

I can't wait to start. I've actually had most of the books "collected" (I buy used) for our next year for quite a while. I am tempted to start it, since we've been finished with our main curriculum for several weeks now. I've been doing my own thing since then. We will start the next grade's math Monday, though.

fairymom82
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I am nervous as it will be our first year. I will have a 3rd grader and 4th grader. We start in September due to several education trips and a vacation in Ohio and one to see my family in Michigan . Iam gathering materials and making a our own lessons. I am scared and excited. We decided just a few weeks ago to homeschool due to bullies and the school not really helping solve it at all so a big change for us. Our motto is here we go. whew! my nerves are shaking glad I have till September
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I'm exited for some of the things we'll be starting over the next year, but we don't really have a first or last day or a specific time we start our new year. We just move along as we finish something and I introduce new as I feel she's ready for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Julia on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I am anticipatinf next year for sure! We will have a lot if adjustments. Im due ib august, i am directing the kids homeschooling campus that meets once a year.....so yeah, lots to plan for!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN