Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else excited for next year?

Posted by   + Show Post

I think I know which curricula I'll order for my rising 7th grader and my rising kindergartner. I'm going tomorrow to register my eldest for her co-op classes.

I don't think I'll be able to wait until August to start the new year... lol. <---- this is why I still haven't ordered. Once hte books arrive, mom will want to start.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (21-22):
OakesMama
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:21 AM

yes and no. I am very nervous about next year. As some of you know my oldest is now attending a private school, this is what fit best for him, ok I will do what is best for my child so that should not be a hard thing right? Well so I bought MOST of Ehric and Whynter's curriculum this spring for next year and it is combined grade levels between k-2nd depending on subject because I go off of skills not grades. Well I was very excited to have 2 working at the same rate especially since these two work very hard and motivate each other. Here's where my problem comes in. Khurt's private school costs 2,300 a year aside from registration which is another 300. that registration is due next week and right now my account (I found out today) is over drawn. I never bought curriculum for Khurt, and he will not work for me. He will not go to the PS, nor do I want him to. Last time he was there he walked out and never looked back. He loves HLCA and he is thriving for once in his schooling, yes I had him where he needed to be in everything except math but he hated it and would not write at all. today I went to HLCA to listen to my son stand up in front of the school and enthusiasticly read a story that he wrote! He placed 3rd in the writing competition. I am still in shock, I really didn't think he would ever write a story.It made me cry it is just that much to me. He is an amazing child and I do not want to bring him back home if that is what works best for him. So I have been praying diligently that God provides me an answer on what should be done for next year. He provided for this year when I had lost all hope and thought I had to pull him out. I just don't know what his plan is for next year. If he is supposed to be home, I'm just not ready for him right now...

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I am very excited for next year.  We are starting a new co-op.  I also found  a great science program.  It is online program for middle school physics.  I am very excited to learn physics along side my son.  I have tried different science programs and I think I may have found one I really like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)