Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ruining the economy UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

MY husband and I where talking and he out of the blue says homeschooling ruins the economy! what I did a double take and was like no its not. I was wondering what you guys think do you think its slowly ruining the economy ?

I had him read the reply's that you lady's posted and he did say he understands everything you guys have said. His reasoning on the whole economy is that enough people start homeschooling where there is no need for as many teachers so they lose their job and we lose schools because there is not enough students to keep the schools alive so in return ruining the economy that way. I responded there will always be a need for ps because your  always gonna run into people whose choice is the ps system. I say tho if anything we make the classes smaller so the kids who have to stay in ps get more one on one attention from the teacher where I think that just benefits the other children. what are your thoughts on that?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

If anything, it's helping it.   Because I pay the same taxes and then go out and buy everything we need for schooling, and the government doesn't have to pay to school my kid.  LOL!

But I'd really like to know why your DH thinks that. 

tinkerspell
by Kera on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I asked him and he couldnt even ellaberate to why he would think that 

Quoting KrissyKC:

If anything, it's helping it.   Because I pay the same taxes and then go out and buy everything we need for schooling, and the government doesn't have to pay to school my kid.  LOL!

But I'd really like to know why your DH thinks that. 

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

LOL!!!   Sounds like he just wants to be "intsy" about homeschooling and complain.  

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this
He is probably spewing some BS someone else said to him about it, that person must be held in a high steam by your Husband to believe & then repeat to you what they said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I'd be interested in seeing his reasoning. :-)

Actually, there are people in our PS district who are blaming the homeschoolers for the MAJOR reduction in PS students. I tell them that if the PS was doing a good job, people wouldn't be pulling their kids out in droves.

That being said, hs'rs are out in the community, spending money on things the PS would(should!) be paying for for our children if they were in PS, doing volunteer work, etc. We have small, home-based businesses and sell to our local communities.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Hm, that is an interesting theory. I don't see how but at least it is original. Lol
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM
He made a statement that he can't even back up. Sounds like he's repeating.
In response to that comment though, like someone else said I not only still pay taxes but I buy all my child's books and clothes (since we have no uniforms) on top of that. We also take multiple field trips through out the year. I know here in my town, they may get one, which is still being paid for by the schools funding. Im also paying to put my daughter in tball and dance.
I really don't see how that would hurt it at all.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Lol, it's kind of one of the silliest things I've ev heard....I mean think about what stimulates the economy - educated, qualified workforce, and people spending money. Well, in essence we all spend TWICE the money of PS'ers, since we all pay taxes (presumably) which is how PS'ers pay for their education, And we further purchase all the educational and teaching materials that would have been normally supplied from the schools. Then we are better educating our kids for the workforce....so I'd say we are slowly SAVING the economy, not ruining it. Lol

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Hee hee!  I spent a grand on school curriculum and supplies plua my taxes.  My hubby thinks we are personally responsible for improving the economy.  And his argument is to show me the bills for the supplies!  :-) LOL

ElleAimeleVie
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I don't understand that line of thinking, lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN