Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids ages currently: 11, (almost) 9, 5, and 10 months... "grades" next year: Advanced 6th, fourth, KG... I will post our daily schedule in replies because it keeps disappearing my paragraphs...
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (21-23):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

oh, and I think we will be doing MathUSee.   It gives a video lesson, a couple pages teaching from the video lesson, and then SEVERAL pages of practices, real life application practice, and review and assessment.   I think it would be perfect for what I'm thinking.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Thank you for the helpful points I will try this year

Quoting KrissyKC:

If it's required by law to do "math" every day, then you don't have to do a whole class of math.   You could just do some quick review and maybe some math play, manipulatives, or a few worksheets.   Then focus on the ones you want to focus on that day.

When you aren't focusing on English and writing, you can just do handwriting and/or journal time briefly and then move onto those subjects.  

You could still do a rotating schedule, but just throw in some things like I did my "daily do's"..   Make 15 minutes of flash cards and some time working with money or fractions part of your daily do's as well as 15 minutes handwriting and 15 minutes journal.  You would have some math and some writing every day.

Quoting motheroffour186:

Yeah but the teacher that over sees i school said we had to have math writing everday

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Thank you for the helpful points I will try this year

Quoting KrissyKC:

If it's required by law to do "math" every day, then you don't have to do a whole class of math.   You could just do some quick review and maybe some math play, manipulatives, or a few worksheets.   Then focus on the ones you want to focus on that day.

When you aren't focusing on English and writing, you can just do handwriting and/or journal time briefly and then move onto those subjects.  

You could still do a rotating schedule, but just throw in some things like I did my "daily do's"..   Make 15 minutes of flash cards and some time working with money or fractions part of your daily do's as well as 15 minutes handwriting and 15 minutes journal.  You would have some math and some writing every day.

Quoting motheroffour186:

Yeah but the teacher that over sees i school said we had to have math writing everday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)