Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This is an awesome human being (PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 14 Replies
3 moms liked this

A year or so ago, Mark Wills took an interest in our Lindsay. Lindsay was 6 and it had been almost a year of near constant pain. She'd seen several doctors and tried several different medications and nothing was working. At 6 years old she was convinced she was never going to be better and was pretty down about it. At Christmas that year, we reached out to people we know from all over the place asking them to send her cards to cheer her up. Mark Wills is her favorite singer, so I took a longshot and sent a note through his website. (Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?) He was amazing. He and I emailed back and forth a few times and he and his family even sent her a care package for Christmas. He's checked in on her a couple of times, but it's probably been a year or so. Last night out of the blue when I checked my email, there was a message from him. He said he hadn't heard from us in awhile and was thinking about Lindsay and wanted to know how she was doing. He asked me to check in from time to time to keep him updated. How awesome is this guy?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM

i dont know who mark wills is but thats so neat!!! even after a year, wow!

how is her pain??

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM

He is a country singer.  Some of his songs are "Don't Laugh at Me" "The Crowd Goes Wild" and "Nineteen Something" Lindsay loves his music.  :)  After two years, in January they diagnosed her (finally) with abdominal migraines.  With the medication she's on, her pain level is down from a near constant 9-10 to a 2-3.  They dont know that they'll ever be able to get her pain free with medication, but at least it's more manageable.  Hopefully she'll outgrown them soon.

Quoting oredeb:

i dont know who mark wills is but thats so neat!!! even after a year, wow!

how is her pain??

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

That's great that he is showing care & concern for her maybe one day she can meet him!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I hope so. I keep watching his tour schedule to see when he comes near.

Quoting usmom3:

That's great that he is showing care & concern for her maybe one day she can meet him!

luvemboth
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, that is awesome! I've always liked his music...now I like him even more :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvcats406
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I am glad her pain is getting better.  It is nice to have a diagnosis.  What exactly is an abdominal migraine?  What are the symptoms?  

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM

That is so awesome. 

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Mark Wills is a great man. Plus he has some good music. Glad he's keeping up on your girl. I'm praying that she outgrows this and is pain free.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Abdominal migraines are rare, only 2% of children have them.  She can have a migraine but instead of feeling the pain in her head, she feels it in her stomach area, usually around the midline, close to her belly button.  Occassionally it's to one side or another, but not often.  It can be absolutely debilitating. Sometimes she feels it in both her head and stomach.  She has pain daily.  Sometimes it hits hard for a couple of days, then it's like she's having the hangover effect of the migraine. It's very difficult to diagnose which is why it took 2 years. :(

Quoting luvcats406:

I am glad her pain is getting better.  It is nice to have a diagnosis.  What exactly is an abdominal migraine?  What are the symptoms?  

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM

He really is.  I wrote a letter to the Grand Ole Opry where he is a frequent guest.  I told them about what he has done and that I wish that there were a way to honor someone like that.  They wrote back this afternoon and told me that when it comes to Mark, they were not suprised, that he is known for having a big heart.

Quoting mamamedic69:

Mark Wills is a great man. Plus he has some good music. Glad he's keeping up on your girl. I'm praying that she outgrows this and is pain free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)