Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This is an awesome human being (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

A year or so ago, Mark Wills took an interest in our Lindsay. Lindsay was 6 and it had been almost a year of near constant pain. She'd seen several doctors and tried several different medications and nothing was working. At 6 years old she was convinced she was never going to be better and was pretty down about it. At Christmas that year, we reached out to people we know from all over the place asking them to send her cards to cheer her up. Mark Wills is her favorite singer, so I took a longshot and sent a note through his website. (Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?) He was amazing. He and I emailed back and forth a few times and he and his family even sent her a care package for Christmas. He's checked in on her a couple of times, but it's probably been a year or so. Last night out of the blue when I checked my email, there was a message from him. He said he hadn't heard from us in awhile and was thinking about Lindsay and wanted to know how she was doing. He asked me to check in from time to time to keep him updated. How awesome is this guy?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Replies (11-14):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM
That's sweet that they said that. I'm glad they got back to you.

Quoting Pukalani79:

He really is.  I wrote a letter to the Grand Ole Opry where he is a frequent guest.  I told them about what he has done and that I wish that there were a way to honor someone like that.  They wrote back this afternoon and told me that when it comes to Mark, they were not suprised, that he is known for having a big heart.

Quoting mamamedic69:

Mark Wills is a great man. Plus he has some good music. Glad he's keeping up on your girl. I'm praying that she outgrows this and is pain free.

Proud2BWeird
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM
What a wonderful, heartwarming story! He sounds like a gem, I'll have to check him on YouTube.

I'm glad you got a DX on your daughter. I pray she grows out of it ASAP.
leighp1
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Sounds like an amazing man!! But sounds like she has an amazing mom too.  You went all out to help your child get out of the sad side of her pain.  I wish you all the best.

mamaof2n1angel
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Mark Wills is  awesome, many do not think that   musicartists  have  a soft  heart. many do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)