Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much have you spent this year?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 38 Replies
Will you spend more next year?
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Started informal homeschool last November and I already spent approx $700 (workbooks, arts supplies, science kit, online subscription- All in different levels because I want to find his levels on reading, math, science and social studies)

Next year will probably less. I.don't have to continue some of the subscription that doesn't work for my son. I know which curriculum I will use. I am glad I started homeschooling part time. When I enroll him full time next year, I will be more confident.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I spent our budget, but then we took a few field trips. One was a 3 day trip, so that threw me way up there. Oh well, lol.
I think my book buget will be about the same. I don't know what field trips we will have for next year though.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
It sounds like you are going in really well prepared.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Started informal homeschool last November and I already spent approx $700 (workbooks, arts supplies, science kit, online subscription- All in different levels because I want to find his levels on reading, math, science and social studies)

Next year will probably less. I.don't have to continue some of the subscription that doesn't work for my son. I know which curriculum I will use. I am glad I started homeschooling part time. When I enroll him full time next year, I will be more confident.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I really need to sit down and figure out my budget for the coming year.

Quoting Dawn07:

I spent our budget, but then we took a few field trips. One was a 3 day trip, so that threw me way up there. Oh well, lol.

I think my book buget will be about the same. I don't know what field trips we will have for next year though.
mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so grateful to all homeschooling moms here! you guys are great!!

Quoting mem82:

It sounds like you are going in really well prepared.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I don't use or buy curriculum & I haven't really kept track of my spending but if I had to guess I would say I have spent close to $1,000 on education related things.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I had mine done before thanksgiving lol. I started ordering books around Christmas. I'm horrible lol.

Quoting mem82:

I really need to sit down and figure out my budget for the coming year.

Quoting Dawn07:

lucsch
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Honestly, I have never tracked it. I do try very hard to find good prices and buy used. And, I resell after we are done with it (I only have one child). The upper levels of our curriculum are pricey, so I hope I can continue to buy it used. The "new" price is about $1000, and that does not include math.

I've actually had most of next year's curriculum for over a year and now am collecting the next year's curriculum--and have most of that, too! LOL! I am now looking for the main TM for 7th grade--and we are just finishing 4th!

I have all our math through 7th grade, as well. I am now trying to figure out Algebra and up. I haven't decided yet which will be perfect for us. Unlike most homeschoolers, I do not want a DVD program. I want to teach it myself, but I do like good explanations in the student text.

Anyway, there is no price on my dd's education. I do whatever it takes.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

About $1,000.  I'll spend a bit less next year.  I'll only buy 1 math level (instead of 3!), and I won't have the dry erase boards and craft caddies to buy.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Are you really going to make me add it up?

I'm scared.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)