Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you knew then, what you know now...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
What would you have done differently this year?
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

No.  I think having CAVA with us having so many sicknesses has helped because it helped me get back on track.  It has been hard and not fun but better than if they had been in a classroom and better because if I had been on my own I dont think I would have been able to catch back up.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM
This year actually went quite well. I think I would have tried the subject schedule we're ending with now, instead of trying to do every subject every day. We fixed that fast though so no problems.
Oh and I wish I would have been a little more careful choosing a bible curriculum. It was good but it was more of a third grade level and a little above her head.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
That is one of the upsides to that type of schooling. Staying on track can be hard.

Quoting debramommyof4:

No.  I think having CAVA with us having so many sicknesses has helped because it helped me get back on track.  It has been hard and not fun but better than if they had been in a classroom and better because if I had been on my own I dont think I would have been able to catch back up.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Are you thinking of just reusing the Bible curriculum next year so you don't miss anything or are you going to try something completely different?

Quoting Dawn07:

This year actually went quite well. I think I would have tried the subject schedule we're ending with now, instead of trying to do every subject every day. We fixed that fast though so no problems.

Oh and I wish I would have been a little more careful choosing a bible curriculum. It was good but it was more of a third grade level and a little above her head.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I was going to but I found I really like bju bible, so I'm using that. My mom has asked for it to use at her church, so I am passin it on.

Quoting mem82:

Are you thinking of just reusing the Bible curriculum next year so you don't miss anything or are you going to try something completely different?

Quoting Dawn07:

usmom3
by BJ on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

More fieldtrips out of town. My DD is having anxiety over travailing long distances from home & that has kept us from doing any.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I would have pulled DS's from K12 at the end of last year and just went for it.  We are doing so well with the stuff that curriculums seem to sluff over (time, money, fractions, decimals) that I'm pleased with what we are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)