Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(PIOG) If you had unlimited money....

Posted by   + Show Post

...how would you spend it educating your children? Curriculum? Travel? Supplies? etc....

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Am I the only one who has absolutely no desire to travel? Lol.

I'm not sure what I'd spend it on.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Travel, technology, and unlimited extra curricular activities. My kids seem to want to try everything at least once LOL.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I'd buy an RV big enough for all of us and all our dogs/cats.  We'd travel the US learning history on the spot!

But I'd keep my curriculum.  I like making my own.

Maridel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM

We would own a farm where learning could take place daily and naturally. Then with unlimited money we could pay someone to care for the farm and We would buy and RV and travel the US, then we could travel abroad and learn and experience as many different cultures as we can. I'd definitely have a school/play room. Unlimited art supplies and science kits for my DD who absolutely loves it, and whatever my other 2 children would be interested in when they are older. and music lessons. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Travel for sure!

ballerina.2006
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Unlimited money... Hmm I'd have a room or two added on to the house so we could have a room dedicated to school, buy 4 ipads (easier for me to teach with and great for supplemental work for when I'll be nursing), lots of art supplies and science supplies! We'd end up traveling as well but not until the kids are older and we can study U.S. history more in depth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katinahat
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Since we haven't begun our homeschooling yet, this is all very theoretical :)
I'd use the same curriculum that we are planning to use. It's already generally seen as very expensive by the homeschooling community. Travel, I'm sure that we'd do more. Supplies, we'd get a lot of. I would probably have a nice big room witha  lot of great storage for all of it. That would be fabulous!

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

http://merrrfamily.blogspot.com/

wunderwifey
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Buy the other land surronding our extra property, build the dream home, barn and workshop. buy the cattle and chickens we want. Bring my nephew in to help us run it. Buy a new vehicle for me. Buy technology for school (new computers, microscopes etc) travel travel travel. We'd probably spend a month on the road every 3 or 4 months. I'd actually be able to do more of the co+ops and things without worrying about gas money! That's one drawback to living 30 miles from anything.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I think I would still use the same curriculum I want to use for next year.  

However, we would do more travel and educational vacations.   More field trips, clubs, etc...  

For example, they REALLY want to do drama, but I'm not sure it's in the budget ($35 per month PER KID)

Oh, and with the travel???  I would totally invest in both a good RV and a good house boat.   How awesome would it be to study the ocean on a boat, or even astronomy and go waaaay out away from city lights and sit on the deck of your boat and explore the stars.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Regarding not changing curriclum...

We are VERY pleased with Rod & Staff english for our older two kids' learning styles.  It has worked REALLY well, and I've seen marked improvement in their writing comp in the past few years of using it.  

As for math?   We are making the switch this next year to Math U See and unless it just REALLY doesn't work for us, I'm done changing curriculums until they get to high school and then they can either keep using Math U See or switch to Saxon if they are planning a very mathematical career.   I'm sick of not finding a good enough curriculum and changing them so often.

As for Social Studies and Science?   We were just learning ecclectic, but switching to Aplologia science, which I probably will stick with from now on... and Social studies, I'll probably still be ecclectic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)