Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

K12

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

Anyone have their child in K12?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I never used them with any of my children but one of my grandson's was taught with it this past year. They are switching to a regular homeschool curriculum this next yr.  ABeka I believe.  I have heard many that don't care for it.  I personally stay totally clear of anything public school.

MrsPeterkin
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Oh we'll it's been great for me and my daughter has been doing great.

Quoting bren_darlene:

I never used them with any of my children but one of my grandson's was taught with it this past year. They are switching to a regular homeschool curriculum this next yr.  ABeka I believe.  I have heard many that don't care for it.  I personally stay totally clear of anything public school.

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

3 kids who formerly used it- I liked the social studies and Language Arts. Science was okay. Not a fan of the Math. 

What grade is your child(ren)?

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

MrsPeterkin
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM
She is in kindergarten

Quoting celticdragon77:

3 kids who formerly used it- I liked the social studies and Language Arts. Science was okay. Not a fan of the Math. 

What grade is your child(ren)?

celticdragon77
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We had used the K and 6th grade levels. 

Quoting MrsPeterkin:

She is in kindergarten

Quoting celticdragon77:

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

jewel80
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I use it for my son who is in k and has aspergers ,adhd,sensory processing disorder ,fine motor delay, developmental delays and health problems. We love it, i tell the teacher my son is doing it this way, we are skipping this etc so i personalize it for my son and his docs write notes for me, they pay for occupational therapy , speech therapy etc you can always try it and if you dont like it then stop you arent committed to a whole year when you start, im also going to start next school year with my daughter 6th grade bc she is bored to death in school , its work at your own pace they can complete multiple grades in one year. They have field trips about once a month. Its worth trying worse case scenario you hate it, pull your child out and homeschool alone its worth trying. It is a lot of work for the parent, you have to teach your child its a full time job for the parent. Its harder than homeschooling alone, but worth it for your child :)
MrsPeterkin
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Ya k12 has been great, my daughter is in kindergarten.

Quoting jewel80:

I use it for my son who is in k and has aspergers ,adhd,sensory processing disorder ,fine motor delay, developmental delays and health problems. We love it, i tell the teacher my son is doing it this way, we are skipping this etc so i personalize it for my son and his docs write notes for me, they pay for occupational therapy , speech therapy etc you can always try it and if you dont like it then stop you arent committed to a whole year when you start, im also going to start next school year with my daughter 6th grade bc she is bored to death in school , its work at your own pace they can complete multiple grades in one year. They have field trips about once a month. Its worth trying worse case scenario you hate it, pull your child out and homeschool alone its worth trying. It is a lot of work for the parent, you have to teach your child its a full time job for the parent. Its harder than homeschooling alone, but worth it for your child :)
SalemWitchChild
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD is in K12. Just finishing up 5th grade. :)

TheMommysLife
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I used K12 this past year for my daughter (2nd) and son (1st) and we loved it! When my 4 year old is ready for kindergarten I will be enrolling her too. I think they have a great program and are very helpful.

101stwife
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM

My son used it this year for his freshman year of HS. I started my two 6th graders in it and absolutely hated the middle school version. The HS version is ok and my oldest will be using it again next year for his sophmore year. There are good things and bad things I think. I was really shocked at what they were teaching in his health class this past year. I will have a kindergartener this year but we will be traditionally home schooling. I am considering using it for the kids specifically for HS because I want them to have a diploma from an accredited school and not have to worry about transcripts. That isn't set in stone yet though. Who knows, by the time the 3 younger kids are ready for HS I might be comfortable enough to do it myself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)