Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone else done for the year?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
Wether your curric is finished or not? Lol! We finished ours a few weeks ago, but were continuing on with spelling and math. I'm ready to just take a break from thinking about it! We don't do much structured learning besides spelling and some math, and I LOVE our new approach (well, new to us in October) but I'm ready for just gardening, swimming, riding bikes, etc.

Anyone else happy spring has finally arrived?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

We finish June 14th and start again July 15th.  We are very excited about spring!  We have a worm habitat on the counter, a jar of frog spawn, and some nice sized seedlings.  Love the spring sciences :-)

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Pretty much. We continue math and spelling through summer with my eldest, but we're done until June (when we'll start our new year).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I'm not sure exactly when we will finish, but come the end of June until the begining of August, unless we move, we will be on Summer break.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Not yet, but we only have language arts and science left.
almondpigeon
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I think we can wrap everything up by the beginning of June...and it can't come fast enough!! I am so ready for lazy mornings!!
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We are not done yet. We fell behind a bit with moving and everything. 

coala
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My oldest will finish the first week of July and my younger one will be about 2 weeks behind her.  Just the way it is this year.  We are going to take a LONG break and resume "structured" learning in January 2014.  This is something new for us.  We are going to do about 3 mos of letting the kids take the reins and pick what they want to learn about and then focus on that.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We are never done. We are taking a short break this week. We are getting out yard ready for summer, getting ready to pick up 150 pullets, and organizing our house right now. We still have a few projects we are working on but we taking a slight break from everything else. We basically just homeschool year round and change things as we need to.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I wish!

oredeb
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM

we finished last friday!  very glad spring is here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN