Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone else done for the year?

Posted by   + Show Post
Wether your curric is finished or not? Lol! We finished ours a few weeks ago, but were continuing on with spelling and math. I'm ready to just take a break from thinking about it! We don't do much structured learning besides spelling and some math, and I LOVE our new approach (well, new to us in October) but I'm ready for just gardening, swimming, riding bikes, etc.

Anyone else happy spring has finally arrived?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM

We're still going and should be done by end of June. However, we are fully enjoying spring and we have been either, at one of the near by national parks each weekend, or biking on the numerous bike trails. Hopefully, we'll have some more stuff to participate in volunteer wise soon. Swim season is starting pretty quick too!! Can't wait for that! Registration is this Saturday ;)

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Not yet.  We have slacked off a lot because of the demands of my internship, so we will at least continue reading and math for most of the "summer break". 

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

We will continue through summer. It will of course be on the light side and we will be taking off for some of June for vacation!!

Manytitles
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I'm ready to be done, but the girls still have some finishing to do.  Our last writing class was yesterday, but overall probably about another 5 weeks.  We are also going on vacation and I was really hoping to be done by then, but we will have about a week or so more of work when we get back.  I am not looking forward to that.

lifesadream83
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
What is your new approach? We finished but started again! We are having to move 2 times during this school year so I'm trying to leave breaks for those time periods

Quoting Boobah:

Wether your curric is finished or not? Lol! We finished ours a few weeks ago, but were continuing on with spelling and math. I'm ready to just take a break from thinking about it! We don't do much structured learning besides spelling and some math, and I LOVE our new approach (well, new to us in October) but I'm ready for just gardening, swimming, riding bikes, etc.

Anyone else happy spring has finally arrived?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM

My 6 year old is gardening because she wants too.  We ride bikes for PE.  If it is not raining after naptime we are always outside.  But I only teach for about 4 hours.  I love that it is spring though. Here in Southern California we dont get a very long spring.  So we enjoy it while it lasts.  We still have 2 more months of school left but we are enjoying ourselves.

We will only have a month vacation from school though.

wowguildmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM

we never stop for summer. our breaks are in the spring and fall as mine can't handle the summer temps without bad meltdowns.

Walnutgrovefarm
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM

May 17th we'll be taking a 2 week break for graduation. Then resuming math and language only for the summer. The rest of our learning will be hands on all summer. Thinking about taking September off then starting our new year October 1.  We are both ready for a little break to enjoy the great weather.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM

We are not quite finished yet, but the boys have finished Grammar and History.  They will be finishing their Science this week or first of next week. My daughter will be finished in about 3 weeks.  The boys will still be doing Algebra 1, probably through the summer becausewe started with Abeka and used it up unitl about January.  Then it started moving way too fast and they were just not getting it.  So we changed curriculums and started at the beginning.  They have only done about 2 weeks worth of lessons in Algebra.  We are going to wait until they finish their Science and then we are going to concentrate on nothing but Algebra and hopefully finish it before they start 10th grade.

I love cool weather so I am not looking forward to hot humid weather, but I am ready for a break from school..

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM

We 'school' year round, but our co-op classes ended today. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN