Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If your child/children went to public school before you started HS...

Posted by   + Show Post

What's the first positive thing you noticed once you started homeschooling your child/children that differs or changed since you took them out of public school?  I will be starting my first year soon. 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (41-42):
amandae21
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I just posted "PS will rot her brain" in this forum. The change has been tremendous.

littlelambe2
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM

That's scary! I plan on homeschooling my kids. My oldest will be three in July and my SIL keeps trying to push me into a Christian daycare that her kids went to. Her favorite selling point is that they teach about character traits (eg patience, kindness) too, instead of just academic stuff and they do bible verses. Ummm. I could do that, too, at home! Lol. Dh and I don't want our kids in the public system whatsoever. I had never heard of school affecting kids until first grade or later. Thanks for sharing. My eldest is very sensitive (almost emotionally fragile) and we both know she wouldn't do well being sent off at such a young age. 

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Yes a very big difference. She starting having panic attacks two months into preschool that's why I pulled here out and she was always complaining about other kids picking on her and she even got hit a couple of times. She wasn't experiencing any panic attacks before going to preschool. After I pulled her out. I noticed about a month after her being at home, she was happier and starting to become the little girl she was before she went and this is just my experience. I'm not say every kid will experience this!!

Quoting littlelambe2:

Did you notice a difference with your youngest when she started preschool?

Quoting SuperMommy408:

They open up to me more and they are more confident than ever and they are even much more nicer to each other.My 5yr old never went to public school but she did do two months in preschool, before I pulled her out . My 7 yr old did one year in public and my 8 yr old did two yrs in public!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN