Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If your child/children went to public school before you started HS...

Posted by   + Show Post

What's the first positive thing you noticed once you started homeschooling your child/children that differs or changed since you took them out of public school?  I will be starting my first year soon. 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
kymom23
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM

The fighting has almost stopped!! It took a day or two, but my boys get along so much better now!! Seriously, not one voice raised at one another today!! We aren't on a rigid schedule yet, we might never be really. We are taking things slow, I'm allowing them to get their school work done on their own time to a certain extent. Even if that means they finish it at 7-8pm. As long as they are getting it done and are learning, then so be it. They were doomed from the start honestly. lol Dh and I are both night owls. The boys are too. lol Getting them up at 6am to go to a school they hated was horrible for all of us. It has taken a few days, at one point yesterday, I wanted to send them back to public school, lol but today has been so much better. :) 

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My boys were not as tired as they were while in PS. 

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM
They open up to me more and they are more confident than ever and they are even much more nicer to each other.My 5yr old never went to public school but she did do two months in preschool, before I pulled her out . My 7 yr old did one year in public and my 8 yr old did two yrs in public!!
passionflowe438
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM

There confidence levels are higher and  they want to go to school.  

zandizane
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM

This and also well rested kids who learn better :)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Less stress in the mornings.

Walnutgrovefarm
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM

My ds was in ps through 2nd grade. My husband and I first noticed how at peace he seemed to be. He is so happy to be homeschooling. No alarm clocks, or getting dressed if he doesn't want to.  

homeschoolx3
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:43 AM

No more meltdowns, more more being sick every other week.

littlelambe2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Did you notice a difference with your youngest when she started preschool?

Quoting SuperMommy408:

They open up to me more and they are more confident than ever and they are even much more nicer to each other.My 5yr old never went to public school but she did do two months in preschool, before I pulled her out . My 7 yr old did one year in public and my 8 yr old did two yrs in public!!

CaitsCookies
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

SS stopped running away every time something stressed him out.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on May. 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Yes a very big difference. She starting having panic attacks two months into preschool that's why I pulled here out and she was always complaining about other kids picking on her and she even got hit a couple of times. She wasn't experiencing any panic attacks before going to preschool. After I pulled her out. I noticed about a month after her being at home, she was happier and starting to become the little girl she was before she went and this is just my experience. I'm not say every kid will experience this!!

Quoting littlelambe2:

Did you notice a difference with your youngest when she started preschool?

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN