Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
So my son loves Batman! He also loves his magic tree house series , imagination station series, he even loves to read his study bible. But he also loves super heros. So I decided since he also likes other educatioal and moral books its OK for him to read some fun stuff too.
So Today at the library he wanted to check out a Batman book. So he found some and as I am looking them over I have to say that I really don't like the pictures at all. For instance wonder women or who ever she was looked like a way over done plastic surgery mess. Her chest was gigantic with cleavage everywhere! I was worried about the violence now I have this to worry about too?
My question is do you know of any Batman or superman books that arnt so provocative? We ended up checking out an older Batman chapter book , pics were wayyyy better but even reading it I see the words flirting and dating. Hmmm.
He is 7 but loves to read so his reading is probably at a fifth grade level.
I appreciate any help with this.
Thank you.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
Goober2010
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Have you ever heard of Bibleman?
mommynightowl
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Quoting KickButtMama:

90's and Later

My son loves that next avengers. There's a movie on netflix and I swear we have seen it at least twenty times.
Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

What about actually shopping in children's books. Yes the adult comics are going to be more adult. But in our bookstore there are Batman childrens books and that is really where you should shop for kids. You can do a basic search on Barnes & Noble for something like that.

mommynightowl
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM
My husband is anti DC so I don't know a lot of batman and etc but my boys love super hero squad. They have a show, toys and early readers for it. Not sure if it would be too young for your son though but check it out.

Also free comic book day is on Saturday so check it out. I know one of the free comics is hulk and the S.M.A.S.H. Agents. And maybe the guys at the comic shop can be of more help. :)
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Dude (12) is meeting up with a friend of his outside the local comic shop before they open tomorrow to get in line for the raffle - the winner gets 1 free comic/wk for a year!

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on May. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
We like captain America here, morals seem to be there.
mommytobooger
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM
No but my son LOVES the bible, stories, bible versus, etc. He would probably love that! I am googloing right now!
Thank you!

Quoting Goober2010:

Have you ever heard of Bibleman?

mommytobooger
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Yes those were awesome when he was younger but they are easy reading. I guess we can just stick to that level for comics though
Thank you

Quoting usmom3:

I was just on Amazon & told it batman in children's books & it came up with a whole bunch of kids books that are Batman, some are the I can Read books & some are Golden books.

mommytobooger
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I actually never really read of him I will do now! Thanks

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

We like captain America here, morals seem to be there.

mommytobooger
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
So every Saturday is free comic book day? Everywhere? Wait is it just today?

Quoting mommynightowl:

My husband is anti DC so I don't know a lot of batman and etc but my boys love super hero squad. They have a show, toys and early readers for it. Not sure if it would be too young for your son though but check it out.

Also free comic book day is on Saturday so check it out. I know one of the free comics is hulk and the S.M.A.S.H. Agents. And maybe the guys at the comic shop can be of more help. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)