Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to homeschool

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi y'all my name is Michelle. My son is a 7th grader with a lot of difficulties. We have finally gotten him caught up to 7th grade ( since pre K he has had fluency and comprehension problems. We worked with him dailey. We moved from the next county over, March of 4th grade and found out that the county we moved from was about a year behind. So he really struggled. Next we tried a homeschool academy he went Tuesday and Thursday problem with that was unlike regular or even homeschool he would have 1 or 2 chapters to do in each subject. Needless to say that didn't work.) I gathered all the 6th grade workbooks Icould find and erased everything. The books and work books are just not something we can afford right now ( I fell and broke L3-L5 ) as everyone knows disability doesn't like to pay much. I am wondering and pleding with anyone that has 7th 8th books I am not pickey about the name, he wants to work at finishing 7th grade by the end of May which he could do and do 8th grade and finish by the next school year. His bff is also homeschooled and his parents both used this online homeschool fully accredited and my son wants to do it at the same time. Even know when he takes a break he helps his bff with his 8th grade work. If anyone has a 7th and 8th grade ciriculum they would be willing to donate, I will be happy to pay it forward. Thanks for reading and I hope y'all have a great night. Michelle
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Sorry, my oldest is 11.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Oh, but there are a lot of places to find used curriculum.   Hook up with the area homeschool groups and see what they recommend.

grtshell
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Thank you I will look into finding one!
usmom3
by BJ on May. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM
See if there is a homeschooler library close to you. From what I understand the way they work is you check out curriculum for a semester at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaitsCookies
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Easy Peasy Homeschool is free and all online.
oredeb
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM

sometimes the library has school books you can check out

irvinehiker
by Andrea on May. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

There are several online curriculums that are free.  Ambleside is another one that comes to mind.  

almondpigeon
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Go to yahoo (or similar sites) and find a homeschooling group in your area. I know my local group has had several posts of people either giving away curriculum or selling it for super cheap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN