Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Why Being a Nerd is Awesome

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I found this by following a Pinterest rabbit trail and I just loved it. Honestly, I got a little verklempt.

being a nerd is not about what you love; it’s about how you love it.

My weekend at Calgary Expo was just amazing. I didn’t think it could possibly get better than last year, when I got to spend a lot of time with my family from TNG for the first time in decades, but I was wrong. This was one of the most amazing weekends I have ever had at a convention, ever.

I’m still processing things like getting to meet Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey, finding out that they’re lovely people, and then being invited by them — twice — to join them for drinks. I’m still working out the reality that I kind of know Nathan Fillion, and when we see each other, we do things like this.

On Saturday, someone asked me during my panel to sum up my life in five words. I thought about it for a minute and replied: “I hope I never wake up.” (I hyphenated wake-up, even though it’s not technically correct. Don’t tell Andrew.)

So also during my panel, I was asked by a young woman to explain to her newborn daughter, Violet, why it was awesome to be a nerd. As it turns out, I’ve been having that conversation with my sons for their entire lives, so I spoke from the heart and told her.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SusanTheWriter
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Being a geek is awesome!
ablessedlife
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Oh, you geeks!
usmom3
by BJ on May. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

That was great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN