Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ohh so tempting!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am so tempted to pull my kids out of PS right now... I'm sooooo ready for school to be out! I guess it's the anxiety of actually going to the office and requesting their records. Lol
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmom3
by BJ on May. 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I did! Back when my oldest was in PS I had planed to wait until the end of the year but went ahead & pulled him right after spring break because I couldn't see the point of forcing him to go another day to a place that was like a nightmare to him. I have never regretted my decision to do it that way, my only regret is that I ever made him go at all!

LadeeBellaDonna
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM
They get out the 6th of June. It's too close to the end of school to pull them out now. Isn't it?
usmom3
by BJ on May. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

No, that school can not stop you from removing them. They are your children & you can take them out of that school when ever you want as long as you comply with the homeschool laws in your state.

Quoting LadeeBellaDonna:

They get out the 6th of June. It's too close to the end of school to pull them out now. Isn't it?

LadeeBellaDonna
by on May. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Oh no... I know the school can't stop me... I'm just debating with myself over it. They want to go ahead and get pulled out but this being the youngest DDs first and last year in PS I don't want her to miss the last day of school. The other two don't care I don't think. Actually... The middle one wants to finish out the year... Just for field trips. Lol. I don't blame her.
celticdragon77
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

My one child wants me to pull them out now and the other one wants to finish the school year out.

My state requires me to get a notarized affidavit for each child = $10 and to get hand in a portfolio = $$ for materials and for each child to be evaluated at the end of the school year $100 -- to me it just isn't worth the cost of doing this, just for one month of school. 

If I felt my kids just could not handle another month of school - was being bullied or the etc. - then I would pull them out immediately despite the costs.

Your states regulations might be different from me and so you have to weigh out your own factors. 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

Warning: This iPad enjoys auto correcting into jibberish. I have three kids 17, 10.5 and 9 yrs old. This mama works, homeschools, and explores life + varied interests. 

CJsMommy040506
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
My kids have two more weeks before school is over. I decided in January to homeschool but I had a college class during the day that I finished last week. If you want, take them out. I personally wod only take them out this close to the end if there were a bullying situation going on.
LadeeBellaDonna
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM

There's not any bulling going on... that I know of! There was with my oldest during the first semester... huge bullying thing going on with girls that were -supposed- to be her friends... she seems to have resolved that with the advice I gave her... they only give her problems every now and then now. But at the time when that was happening I didn't even realize about HS... otherwise I would have taken her out then! Thank you ladies for your advice! They really do need to enjoy their last day of school and get these last school field trips... they'll appreciate it in the long run. I'll be taking everyone's advice I've read on other's posts and give them a good long break and let them refresh ;)

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I know how you feel. 

LadeeBellaDonna
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM

So now I have another tempting reason. This morning the school posted on facebook about threats made against students by people identifying themselves as a gang. The school is assuring there was nothing to it and no actual threats were made to the school and they had police stationed at the school during the day. But it must have been something serious otherwise they wouldn't be informing about anything? Isn't that how it gets started? Someone has an issue with someone else that just happens to be at a certain place and they go all ape on it just because that person they're upset with is there? Isn't that what happened with those little 1st graders? I just don't know what to think about this... maybe it's nothing and I'm just letting my imagination run away with me :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN