Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for ideas

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 20 Replies
What kind of school activities do you do on days when your kids are sick enough to need rest a good part of the day, but not sick enough to veg all day? My boys are both in that inbetween stage of feeling better and still not being well. I have managed to squeeze in at least halfoftheir lessons this week, but I want to give them a bit of a break today without watching Tv all day.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoeMax
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Bump!
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I give my kids books to read, even the ones who cant read. 

JoeMax
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
We have been doing a lot of reading, it's great, but I think they will be bored with it soon.

Quoting debramommyof4:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Do you have easy work they can do?  Something like fun worksheets we might have done when we were kids in public school.  Or they could just color.

Quoting JoeMax:

We have been doing a lot of reading, it's great, but I think they will be bored with it soon.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

They usually prefer to do something simple like math or grammar worksheets in bed.  If they are more sick than well I just ask that they read, or they can sit up and watch something that is somewhat educational, like a documentary, or a movie based on a true story.  You could give them worksheets on things they've already done, and call it a review period until they are well.

coala
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I tend to do books and let them watch educational stuff on netflix.  I will also let them squeeze in a few shows that they really enjoy as well.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Games, books, documentaries, drawing, art, science project, playdoh, lego building, (if older, direct the lego building to see who can build the strongest bridge or something.)   Magnets, etc.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Math games or documentaries
usmom3
by BJ on May. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Books, TV shows/movies, video games, board/card games or surfing the internet for cool new science & history information.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)