Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Whoohoo we got our CAT tests scores back :)

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
5 moms liked this

And he did absolutely fantastic. I am so proud of him and his results. So our baby boy is officially done with his 2nd grade year and he will be starting his 3rd grade year June 3rd. I am so excited to start the next school year. His scores were as follows!

-For Vocabulary he scored "Well Above Average" getting 18 out of 20 correct with a National Parentage Rank of 82 (NPR is the standings of students in the same grade tested at the same time of year. Ex A score of 58 means student scored as well or better then 58 % of other children in the same grade level)

-Comprehension he scored "Slightly Above Average" getting 18 out of 20 correct with a NPR of 61.

-In Language Mechanics he scored "Highest Level" getting 20 out of 20 correct with a NPR of 99.

-In Language Expressions he scored "Slightly Above Average" getting 19 out of 20 correct with a NPR of 68.

-In Math Computation he scored "Well Above Average" getting 20 out of 20 correct and an NPR of 86.

-In Concept & Application he scored "High Level" getting 20 out of 20 correct and an NPR of 94.

- In Reading Total he scored "Slightly Above Average" getting 36 out of 40 correct and an NPR of 72.

- In Language Total he scored "Well Above Average" getting 39 out of 40 correct and an NPR of 84.

- In Mathematics Total he scored "Highest Level" getting 40 our of 40 correct and an NPR of 96.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Awesome!!!!
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
That is awesome! Well done, sir!
usmom3
by BJ on May. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this
That's good!
romacox
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM

way to go

ablessedlife
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM

thaat is so awesome!

We do the CAT-3 (Canadian) too.  I know some people are not into the testing, but we always get such a kick out of it.  We include the results in our reports to the government.  And we like to casually mention the results to our skeptic relatives.

Congratulations!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

That is awesome.  I am so happy for your son.

NoraDun
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Yea I know lots of people dont tests in this group, but we have to. Its a requirement in our state. So yea I was so nervous LOL, but I am very proud of him :)

Quoting ablessedlife:

thaat is so awesome!

We do the CAT-3 (Canadian) too.  I know some people are not into the testing, but we always get such a kick out of it.  We include the results in our reports to the government.  And we like to casually mention the results to our skeptic relatives.

Congratulations!

bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That is great.

melindabelcher
by Mel on May. 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM

way to go!!!!

southernwldchld
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to go little guy!

We had to do testing for the first time this year, 9yo was very confused by the concept of everybody taking the same test. 

But Mom? They didn't have the same teachers, or the same lessons even. I mean, they aren't the same people, how does that even work?

Baffles me too buddy, baffles me too...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)