Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Summer School is ALL messed up. Please Advise!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
I had planned to work all the way through the summer...but life interrupted, lol. I scheduled a hip replacement for July 11th. I cannot put it off any longer than that. We were taking ofv June 19- July 4th already as our vacation, so I am going to extend it and just be "off" until August 1.....but I do want to do some unit studies here and there and my parents will help. I am looking at Amanda Bennet Download and Go. As anyone used these? Thought? Other suggestions?

I will pull math and LA for my parents and lay it all out, so the kids do not get behind.....but they cannot handle latin, history, art, and science in depth. I can supervise from my bed after a week or two, depending on the strenghth of the pain pills.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM

They give the good drugs for hip replacements, but only for about 3-4 weeks. They expect you to be mobile after that.

BramblePatch
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yeah.... I figure if I am having surgery july 11 that august 1 is realstic for me to bd on my feet. I push hard and refuse to take a single pain med more than needed HOWEVER I cannot take any acetominophin or ibuprofin products so i have to go from dilaudid to nothing.

Quoting KickButtMama:They give the good drugs for hip replacements, but only for about 3-4 weeks. They expect you to be mobile after that.
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Ouch! How about oxycodone it has neither of those, but it's a step down from dilaudid

Quoting BramblePatch:

Yeah.... I figure if I am having surgery july 11 that august 1 is realstic for me to bd on my feet. I push hard and refuse to take a single pain med more than needed HOWEVER I cannot take any acetominophin or ibuprofin products so i have to go from dilaudid to nothing.

Quoting KickButtMama:They give the good drugs for hip replacements, but only for about 3-4 weeks. They expect you to be mobile after that.

BramblePatch
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM
i will ask about the oxy. Dilaudid makes me feel HORRIBLE! lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ouch! How about oxycodone it has neither of those, but it's a step down from dilaudid

Quoting BramblePatch:

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I've never used those but I am wishing you luck! Maybe you could match up a youtube video with each lesson to help teach while you are healing?

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I've heard that, though I've never taken it. If you need even stronger than codeine or oxy, then I'm fairly sure MS Contin has neither of those as well. It is a morphine sulfate in pill form that is time release over 12 hours. 

Quoting BramblePatch:

i will ask about the oxy. Dilaudid makes me feel HORRIBLE! lol.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting BramblePatch:

hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I had foot surgery in March, and it's taking me A LOT longer than I thought it would to be back where I'd like to be.  Apparently 42 isn't the same as 15.  Go figure.  Good luck with it, prepare ahead of time, give yourself leeway.  Pushing yourself and being amazingly cranky like I am isn't good.  :(

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Why not let them do time4learning.com through the summer.   It's month to month, not a contract.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN