Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If someone walked into your house, would they know you HomeSchool?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
If they came during school time, yes. We have school books all over the table. On the weekends no because the books all go back in dds room.
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on May. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Probably. There is a globe hung over the dining room table along with various crafts hung from the walls and ceiling. There is a giant world atlas on the stairway wall. There is an ant farm in the kitchen..all manner of craft supplies on the kitchen counter..and days of the week and months of the yyear, ABC, addition and subtraction posters on the walls.
Oh and if that's not enough..then the huge books shelves and the schoolbooks would probably give it away! Lol
celticdragon77
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:20 AM

There is no room for our dining room table to be in the kitchen. Otherwise I would move things to work like that (it sure would be handy). But the room we are renovating is just off the kitchen and will be close by to keep our stuff stored. However, the kids don't want to do school in there. They want to do it in the dining room and living room. I am a neat freak and everything has to be organized - to the point of almost ocd. So we will see how things go... I did go and buy two large plastic cabinet / storage units that are made for home and garden or garage use. I put them in the basement so that the kids can store projects and such down there. 

We are going to be notebooking for every subject - a binder for every subject - x2 kids. It has occurred to me that within a few years, I will have a mass collection of notebooking binders to store. = / 

Quoting KickButtMama:

We have a room like that! I guess in other people's homes it might be referred to as a 'dining room'...lol...but we have our meal table in our kitchen and the homeschool room it outfitted with the bookshelves, futon, etc. 

Quoting celticdragon77:

Yes, they would see kids at home during the day doing educational work. Other than that, no. 

I am excited about a space that we are renovating into an art room / homeschool storage room. However, it is not a room that anyone would normally access when visiting (even though it's on the first floor), and even if someone did see it, they wouldn't think "homeschool". 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

Warning: This iPad enjoys auto correcting into jibberish. I have three kids 17, 10.5 and 9 yrs old. This mama works, homeschools, and explores life + varied interests. 

lifesadream83
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:44 AM

YEP!!!

Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Oh yeah. Usually the kids are in the studio working on something, bookcases overflow with reading material, and we have their artwork everywhere. Our home is highly artistic and people used to ask if we did BEFORE we actually did homeschool.

Precious333
by Julia on May. 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Nope.
usmom3
by BJ on May. 5, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Only if it was in the middle of a weekday & they saw the kids home other wise nope!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Yes, most definately.  I have charts all over my kitchen.  Most people know we homeschool just by talking to our children.  I have had that happen so many times.   "You homeschool don't you?"

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM

You would think since we have school stuff EVERYWHERE. There is multiple book shelves and posters, and the kids are working at the table. Usually we get, "You're working on school work? Hope you feel better and can go back to school tomorrow."  Then my kids give the weird looks like, we're doing school, and you're interupting us. Go away. lol. I think my daughte is getting tired of correcting people.

Christine0813
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Oh, yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN