Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If someone walked into your house, would they know you HomeSchool?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Replies (41-48):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Well, you know, some people just ain't got no sense of style! Those leaning piles of books and paper are works of ART!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Apparently no one else has worms on the kitchen counter or freaks out when you move the box from the lawn (for goodness sakes, how will we know that the grass turns brown if you keep moving the box!!) or has lap desks hanging next to the couch!  Boy are they missing out! :-)

Quoting mem82:

LOL You mean other people don't decorate with maps and chem posters?

Quoting mhaney03:

I'm sure the chemistry posters in the dining room are a dead giveaway

mhaney03
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I need to find a good map or two.  The ones we have are small ones that came with books.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting mhaney03:

sdgd21
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Depends on he time of he day. But no. The class room hold most of our schooling stuff.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Yes, they are art!  Just like those Zen rock stacks I see everywhere.  I'm just using books instead of rocks!  LOL

Quoting mem82:

Well, you know, some people just ain't got no sense of style! Those leaning piles of books and paper are works of ART!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Apparently no one else has worms on the kitchen counter or freaks out when you move the box from the lawn (for goodness sakes, how will we know that the grass turns brown if you keep moving the box!!) or has lap desks hanging next to the couch!  Boy are they missing out! :-)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting mhaney03:

didavis
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM

No, it looks like a daycare center because I do Family Daycare.

Momof697
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

YEs because if we are here it is very noisy. But we have books that fill up 3 five shelf bookcases. besides books downstairs, and paper and school supplies. We have 6 desks (school type) and 4 computers.

MessedUpMama
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Probably. We are in an apartment with way more stuff in it than should be. LOL When you walk in the door into the entry hall you will see a world map, and a US map on your right side, on the left is a small bench and above that is an addition facts poster and a multiplication facts poster. Then when you enter the living room you have a book self with obviously school books on the right and a dresser with 2 small bins with school papers, baskets with manipulatives and several other educational "toys" and a bulletin board on the left. DS has his computer set up on a desk straight across from the door, and DCG has a small desk next to the school dresser. I have an alphabet chart on the bedroom door, and a calender much like those they have in elementary school rooms. There are school books, note books, and art projects on the table and other school type stuff all around the rest of the main living space.

I guess that someone might just think we really care about the education our kids are getting. That all that educational stuff is to supplement their B&M school work. But I think it's pretty obvious that we are teaching the kids here at home rather than sending them out to a school.

coala
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM

They might with the amount of educational material throughout my living area.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)