Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What subject do you start with each day?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you order your subjects according to your childs favorites/least favorites?

Which subject do you start with each day?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM
We start off with a Bible study.
Angela4boys
by Angela on May. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
They decide
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

She usually chooses Math or Science. The linear thinking warms up her brain. :) Also, I know she's putting off the squishy analysis of History and Lit. *gg*

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I have it listed as Bible but a lot of times she will start on spelling while I finish getting her brother dressed.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM

We usually start with either Missie doing her grammar and Cole sitting with me and reading or Cole doing his Math while Missie and I work on her Math.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM

A lot of times it depends what the babies' moods. If they are being good, then I can dig into something that takes MY time. If they aren't, we work on things that don't need as much oversight.

celticdragon77
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Yoga and then Math. This summer we are going to a large nature park to do math, science, nature study, nature walk and play. Then come home to complete the day.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM

For a while, we had to begin with music practice and math... only way those two got done was to put them first.

It's gotten better, though, and next year I'm planning on teaching my KG kid first while the older ones do their "Daily Do's"  

Daily Do's consist of...   Bible/quiet time... instrument practice... morning responsibilities/chores... and practice their choir music... and study for their Bible Quiz meets.

After that, I will teach 4 days a week (M, T, T, & F)...  Wednesdays and Saturday mornings will be run like "study hall"... With Saturday being optional on my part.

We will do Math and Science two of the four days then do english and social studies the other two.

Spelling and handwriting on the four days I'm teaching.  

typing and spanish hit and miss since I'm not doing a full on course of these two... I feel we have enough already, I'm just doing these two subjects because they want to type more and learn spanish.

My KG will join us in our Sciences for sure, as I'm buying the junior notebooks... and she might sit in and learn some of the Social Studies stuff too, but I'm not requiring that.     She will also be getting time4learning.com for KG or 1st grade, whatever she's ready for.

jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Every morning we write down our goals down on the white board.  We discuss what we would like to accomplish.  Then my kids decide their order and how they wish to accomplish them.

Sbnchrln
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM
That sounds wonderful

Quoting celticdragon77:

Yoga and then Math. This summer we are going to a large nature park to do math, science, nature study, nature walk and play. Then come home to complete the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)