Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Can you do math u see without the student books?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 3 Replies
We have the DVD and teachers guide, but not the student manual. I got beta because we are mostly in gamma but could use some review of the things in beta. But, do I *need* the workbook or could I make up my own problems and worksheets? We haven't opened the DVD yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM

The student book is all worksheets. I guess you could essentially make your own, but the worksheets are set up so the A, B, and C, go over each lesson and are set up how the lesson is "taught" from the teacher's manual/DVD. E, F, and G, have the lesson taught for the majority of the first page, and the second page a review over past lessons (and sometimes including previous books. For instance we have Gamma, and it had review from previous books on Multiple digit adding and subtracting, or adding more than two numbers together, etc).
I would have never been able to make a worksheet for the multiplication stuff we just went over because it confused the crud out of me the first few times going over it since in the workbook it was written as
5.     22 ->             20+2
     x10 (up arrow) x10+0

I would've just written the problem as 22x10= lol

It also has problems where there are pictures of the blocks and you figure out the answer.

I don't know how Beta is though since we didn't start using the program until this past year and she was ready for Gamma. I personally, would just get the student book (I'm also lazy lol).  I think their website has extra practice pages....if anything you could get an idea of what the pages "look like" if you want to make your own?? 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I am lazy as well, but my cheapness is even greater. Lol! I just didn't want to spend the money on new books when we probably won't use many of them. *sigh* I might just bite the bullet. Though there is a used homeschool sale coming up June first...

Quoting No_Difference:

The student book is all worksheets. I guess you could essentially make your own, but the worksheets are set up so the A, B, and C, go over each lesson and are set up how the lesson is "taught" from the teacher's manual/DVD. E, F, and G, have the lesson taught for the majority of the first page, and the second page a review over past lessons (and sometimes including previous books. For instance we have Gamma, and it had review from previous books on Multiple digit adding and subtracting, or adding more than two numbers together, etc).
I would have never been able to make a worksheet for the multiplication stuff we just went over because it confused the crud out of me the first few times going over it since in the workbook it was written as
     x10 (up arrow) x10+0

It also has problems where there are pictures of the blocks and you figure out the answer.

I don't know how Beta is though since we didn't start using the program until this past year and she was ready for Gamma. I personally, would just get the student book (I'm also lazy lol).  I think their website has extra practice pages....if anything you could get an idea of what the pages "look like" if you want to make your own?? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I looked at their website, and they had this: http://mathusee.com/e-learning/worksheets/
would make it a lot easier to make your own lol
In the resources by level they even have the logs that come in the front of the student books to record grades/progress with each lesson.

Quoting Boobah:

I am lazy as well, but my cheapness is even greater. Lol! I just didn't want to spend the money on new books when we probably won't use many of them. *sigh* I might just bite the bullet. Though there is a used homeschool sale coming up June first...

Quoting No_Difference:

x10 (up arrow) x10+0

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)