Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Good Morning!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello how is everyone doing this morning?

What are your learnong in your lessons today for your subjects?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Social Studies we are talking the bill of rights the Constitution

Language: We are reviewing making sure we understand everything

Science:      activity density

Math: Geometry  how to measure shapes in volume 3-D shapes

Momof697
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Honestly today I am wondering if it is even worth homeschooling some of my kids. We litterally fight to get them to do their work. They think it is too hard and I know they can do it. because when they choose to they can get it done in a matter of a couple of minutes. I have tried rewards (we will have your friend over if you do your work) We have tried consequences (no ipod, ds,or screen time) nothing works. nothing works.  I am so tired of homeschooling. my other kids (4 more) i can handle even the hard to handle one is a piece of cake compared to this one. I just don't know what to do with him.  

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM

That is like that with my oldest child (boy 13 years old). I do not want to stop home school but I want to find out how to get their attention.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Right now?   They did instrument practice, chores, and are practicing their choir CD.   Not sure what we will do the rest of the day.   I know they need to practice their bible quizzing and do some english.   We are already in summer mindset.

I would like to go do something today... maybe bowling.  It's $1.00 per game for homeschoolers around here with $2.50 shoe rental.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I'm sorry mama.   I have one starting KG level next year, and I'm worried about doing her.   She is the kind of kid that can't even play a board game for her age level because she starts flipping and rolling around no matter how fast paced we make the game.   I'm always saying, "Stop twirling around and spin, it's your turn... spin...   spin... Abby... spin the spinner!   Abigail get over here and spin the spinner.   I'm not playing if you are going to just roll around on the floor like a puppy.   Come and spin the spinner...  (she might finally get up and look at me like, "what?  did you say something?")...    spin... abby... spin....  (I take her hand and put it on the spinner because she's still staring at me like, huh?) 

She finally spins it and starts moving her pieces hysterically all over the board while pretending to count the spaces. 

Meanwhile... mom's head hits the table with a heavy thunk...

Quoting Momof697:

Honestly today I am wondering if it is even worth homeschooling some of my kids. We litterally fight to get them to do their work. They think it is too hard and I know they can do it. because when they choose to they can get it done in a matter of a couple of minutes. I have tried rewards (we will have your friend over if you do your work) We have tried consequences (no ipod, ds,or screen time) nothing works. nothing works.  I am so tired of homeschooling. my other kids (4 more) i can handle even the hard to handle one is a piece of cake compared to this one. I just don't know what to do with him.  

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Hello my youngest son is the same way he learn through movement that is why I have to make my own curriculum for him. We counted learn how to is how many jumps twirls he do. This website help me out. We do not do board games because he can not sit still. So it would have to be a movement game at all time. We go to the store he tells me what colors do he sees. When we go to the check out lane he count. I ask him what lane should we pick today. What ever it does to grab his attention. We really do not sit down when we are doing school for my preschoolers.

http://www.havefunteaching.com/

http://www.abcfordance.com/Year-One-Creative-Movement-p/y1cm.htm

www.preschoolmusiclessonplans.com/tag/four-year-old -

www.ehow.com/info_12036861_music-movement-preschool...

More How To Make A 4 Year Old Curriculum Lessons With Movement videos »

Quoting KrissyKC:

I'm sorry mama.   I have one starting KG level next year, and I'm worried about doing her.   She is the kind of kid that can't even play a board game for her age level because she starts flipping and rolling around no matter how fast paced we make the game.   I'm always saying, "Stop twirling around and spin, it's your turn... spin...   spin... Abby... spin the spinner!   Abigail get over here and spin the spinner.   I'm not playing if you are going to just roll around on the floor like a puppy.   Come and spin the spinner...  (she might finally get up and look at me like, "what?  did you say something?")...    spin... abby... spin....  (I take her hand and put it on the spinner because she's still staring at me like, huh?) 

She finally spins it and starts moving her pieces hysterically all over the board while pretending to count the spaces. 

Quoting Momof697:

Honestly today I am wondering if it is even worth homeschooling some of my kids. We litterallyfight to get them to do their work. They think it is too hard and I know they can do it. because when they choose to they can get it done in a matter of a couple of minutes. I have tried rewards (we will have your friend over if you do your work) We have tried consequences (no ipod, ds,or screen time) nothing works. nothing works.  I am so tired of homeschooling. my other kids (4 more) i can handle even the hard to handle one is a piece of cake compared to this one. I just don't know what to do with him.  

usmom3
by BJ on May. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I am doing great!

We don't do "lessons" but the agenda has us replanting seeds in the garden because some of our transplants are not taking well to being outside. Planting grass seeds in the bald spots in the yard. Learning some techniques to help us with our tennis skills. So much more will be learned from all the conversations we have that start with all of that.

Momof697
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM

For that I have advice (I have a child like that too) Let her stand up to write or give her a relaxation ball (the kind you squeeze) it gives them something to do. also one of those exercise balls lets them fidget without being disruptive.  I know how you feel. But they are better to teach then my son who can stre at the dust in the air, or fuzz on the carpet for an hr or more.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Quoting Momof697:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)