Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CA Mommas - Compulsory Attendance age?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hey ladies, so I was under the impression that with my son turning 6 Nov. 17 that I would now be required to submit the private school affidavit but I just printed this off the HSLDA website and it says otherwise just looking for some clarification I guess. I'll look into it more tomorrow but thought you ladies could help also.

TIA
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on May. 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I am in Texas but the way that reads to me is you don't have to do it until next year. And that is exactly what I would do, is wait as long as I legally could.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I live in Cali and I would say that you read it right, but I might file just to be safe.  I am nervous about doing anything wrong since next year is my first year going it completely alone.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

If you talk to a homeschool association they would say to wait because your child will still be five at the cut off.  If anyone comments you have that paper telling you the rules and you are following them.

maggiemom2000
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM

If he turns 6 this Nov. you don't need to file until the 2014/2015 school year. He's technically Kindergarten age this year (2013/2014) and you don't need to file until first grade.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Your child doesn't turn 6 until after the cut off date so you would file next year when he'll be 6 before that date. Ours is similar except its 7.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)