Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Good Morning!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 3 Replies

How is everyone doing this morning? It is Field trip today!! Yay!! My children could not wait to see this day. We are going to Hartman Reseve for animal day!! How is your day going? What are you learning? 

good morninghow are you

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kat0038
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

We have been reading Wizard of Oz and learning about the body. Today we are reading about the tin man and learning what the heart does.  We went on a field trip yesturday to the local science museum.  They had a blast.  I hope you have a fun day!

JocelynsMama1
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Good Morning hope you have a great day...today were continuing working on identifying vowels and identifying numbers to 20 really working on those teen numbers that seem to stump her :) found an adorable online game to work on it that I think she will love! And wednesday is Library day for us! It's her favorite day of the week :)

8timesmom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I am at work today (Wednesday), so the children all have their own assignments to complete. 

Monday we did our regular schoolwork, went to the library and then had our Monday history class at our house with another family.  They come over every Monday and we have class, share dinner and the kids play and visit.  I have done history with other families (mostly at my home) for the past 8 years and we have had a ball.  This year we are into our second year of world history and we will be ending the year with a Medievel feast with entertainment between the courses, costumes (with parts to play), decorations (including everything from the school year) and "King" and "Queens" (Grandparents) at the head table.  We have had all kinds of year end celebrations Roman battle, May Day, Japannese tea, Celtic, American picnic etc. with all of the food, decorations, costumes, custums etc.  Yeah, love history at our house!

Tuesday, I worked so the kids had their assigned work.

Thursday the older boys have jobs, the younger kids will work hard to finish their work so we can get to the park or Greenfield Villiage (family pass!!) for some outdoor time and then we will make dinner and dessert together.

On Friday the kids will be on their own for school again since I have to work for a couple of hours and then I have an early Mother's day gift of my first mani/pedi :-),  then I will take the kids to the Chiropractor and then a date with my husband (I remember when the kids were young and I believed we would never get out again)!

Saturday and Sunday will be yardwork, jobs at home (and away for the older children), shopping and catch-up (homework) from the week.

The flow of our lives change from week to week and year to year but I have been homeschooling since my oldest daughter (21) was born and I would not change the blessings that we have received from learning with our children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN