Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your biggest strength.. and weakness from this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

With the year just about over.. Lets look over our collective shoulders and find the good and the bad and the ugly..

As a group I think it will be helpful not only to admit to ourselves what has gone well.. and what has bombed!

Was it our issue... Was it the issue of the kids? 

And I think it will be uplifting to others to know that they aren't alone.. That they haven't "failed as a parent/homeschoolers"

by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (21-21):
HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I feel you shannon. When people are passive agressive with me.. I feel like they are insulting both my intelligence and their own creativity..

Which often makes me want to lash out and slap thier ever loving face! Which really tends to kill all joy and peace! lol

Quoting KickButtMama:

Hmm, what worked - keeping to a llousy defined schedule. So we don't have strict schedules but from 10-3 we have no tv, computers or games - unless it's for education. This helped the kids keep on track!

what bombed? We didn't really have a bomb this year, but we've been at this for a decade now, so we kinda have things worked out!

the ugly - well, the kids hate that they have to have more chores, like they are our little slaves or something, but my vascular condition has been deteriorating, so I can not do much in the way of house work. This has made things difficult on a lot of levels. 

Things to work on for next year - well, for myself, I need to relax especially at co-op. I get really irritated when others don't finish something they say they will do, or blatant disrespect....by adults especially. I either have to learn how to not be bothered by passive aggressive-ness or quit the co-op. grrrr. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN