Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

where to find used school items

Posted by   + Show Post

I need to find some school items not curriculum just classroom stuff in general....where can I look any ideas? anyone here have anything they want to sell? early elementary school

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Here in St. Louis, we don't have a ton on craigslist, though.   The homeschool groups around here usually have a big curriculum "garage sale" once a year, and we specifically have a Christian library that has a small portion of it dedicated to curriculum consignment.

JocelynsMama1
by on May. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM

but thats the part i dont need...i dont need curriculum...i need mat and science items like manipulatives, scales, any games etc. and then i still need a table and chair set 

Quoting KrissyKC:

The "Books" section... it's under the for sale stuff 6th one down.   I usually search homeschool or curriculum or Xth grade...

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

on craigslist i looked in kids and games what other sections can i look in? and i asked on facebook in my groups but didnt get a response :(

Quoting KickButtMama:

I concur w/ Craig's list, but also Amazon has great used stuff and I often ask our local online groups.

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

usmom3
by BJ on May. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Legos are great as manipulative, I wouldn't buy board games used but that is because I have in the past & they where missing lots of pieces, so if I where you I would look for clearance games every time I went to a store that sold them.

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

but thats the part i dont need...i dont need curriculum...i need mat and science items like manipulatives, scales, any games etc. and then i still need a table and chair set 

Quoting KrissyKC:

The "Books" section... it's under the for sale stuff 6th one down.   I usually search homeschool or curriculum or Xth grade...

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

on craigslist i looked in kids and games what other sections can i look in? and i asked on facebook in my groups but didnt get a response :(

Quoting KickButtMama:

I concur w/ Craig's list, but also Amazon has great used stuff and I often ask our local online groups.

arwalters
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I love Mardels

Quoting KrissyKC:

Dollar tree around us has a huge selection of banners, borders, cut outs, stickers, scissors, etc.. as well as educational books for the younger grades, (flash cards, etc)

The teacher suppy stores sometimes have a bin of things between 30-75% off.

There is a huge Christian book and gift store in parts of Missouri called Mardels, and once a year (I think august or july?) they have a gigantic sale for their homeschool stuff.  I've gotten stuff that was 90% off in there and paid pennies to dollars for things.

energygirl
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i just gave away a math manipulative kit (we used saxon this year...but then switched to horizon......she did all of saxon K in one semester....and when I switched the horizon came with new manipulatives for K-2nd or 3rd....) I gave it on freecycle.org

Joann.HS
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Furniture section under Craigslist or Goodwill if you need table etc.

Local school supply store will have manipulatives, games etc or order online.
JocelynsMama1
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I know i can go to the teacher store or use amazon I was just looking for used one so they would be cheaper

Quoting Joann.HS:

Furniture section under Craigslist or Goodwill if you need table etc.

Local school supply store will have manipulatives, games etc or order online.

Joann.HS
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Awesome.
Good luck.
JocelynsMama1
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

awww wis i would have known :( but ill look on freecycle thanks

Quoting energygirl:

i just gave away a math manipulative kit (we used saxon this year...but then switched to horizon......she did all of saxon K in one semester....and when I switched the horizon came with new manipulatives for K-2nd or 3rd....) I gave it on freecycle.org

Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Second hand shops work the best for me. I go to a place called Savers here and often find books, games, puzzles, etc that we use for learning. I always see little desks there but we don't need those. Oh and I got my white board there. It is huge and cost me $10. It is my biggest steal for homeschooling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)