Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I feel sad to be a homeschooler on Mother's Day...

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

because I don't get any of the surprise gifts made in school!

Do you miss the little things?

by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCB911
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I was thinking of this.  But they've made things in MOPs, and AWANA, and maybe Sunday School tomorrow.  But yes, I've seen what my friends have posted on Facebook and it's so cute and sweet. Perhaps next year I should hint hint to have my husband direct something for the kids.

Maridel
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

lol yea i thought about that last year.

oh well its fun being the one to make the crafts with them for other people, like their grandma and godmother.

I'm thinking once our un official homeschool playgroup becomes more official, we could do a mothers day tea or something like some classes are doing

Lynette
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I feel that too.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know why not?  My kids made a parade for me last year, and gave me homemade cards and homemade flowers with the breakfast they brought me in bed.  Try to encourage your husband if your children are really small to teach the children how special Mothers Day is.

My husband would sit around doing homemade cards and such when the kids were really little, but now that they're all older they pre-plan everything w/o him even knowing what they're up to.  I think he stopped helping them when my eldest was about 7/8 years old and was able to encourage and do those things with her younger siblings w/o his help.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on May. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Maybe a little.  My kids usually make something great on their own.  Last year one of my gifts was a ticket for a back massage.  Loved that :)

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM

My husband does things with the kids to surprise me for Mother's Day.  My daughter has never been in school so I'd never know what that was like anyways.

jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope, not at all.  My kids surprise with little things all year long.  They also show appreciation all year long.  I mostly dwell on all the things I receive that most moms that don't homeschool never receive.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

To be honest, I'm a little terrified to see what my kids are going to do today. Hubby always does something but never involves the kids which irritates me a little, so appreantly I'm getting a whole bunch of surprises... I took my day to myself yesterday so I could have one relaxing day lol.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM
To clarify, my kids do do special things for me on mother's day, I just usually know about it. Lol
I'm sure they will make me something in church plus the breakfast they made this morning. 8)
celticdragon77
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

happy mothers day2To everyone.

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... - Emerson  

Warning: This iPad enjoys auto correcting into jibberish. I have three kids 17, 10.5 and 9 yrs old. This mama works, homeschools, and explores life + varied interests. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)