Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel sad to be a homeschooler on Mother's Day...

Posted by   + Show Post

because I don't get any of the surprise gifts made in school!

Do you miss the little things?

by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I receive art gifts and the finest homegrown, hand-picked weeds several times a week. XP
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on May. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I was telling my cousin this just yesterday. but then..my dd(5) overheard me..she snuck around yesterday and made me a card. she surprised me with it this morning.
I do sometimes miss the little things they would get to do(as a surprise) in school or other activities..but I get to see them every single day, so that makes up for it. ;)
Precious333
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM
We never had the kids in school, but they did make me a card and they usually make stuff at church.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I do miss that. I don't really want to plan out, gather materials for, organize, and help make my own surprise Mother's Day craft. Lol. I'd love a little clay pot with their hand print and a flower, or a sign with that "my hands when I was very small" poem and their hand print, even a card made by them tht I don't have to tell them to make. I always make sure my husband has a special, handmade card and present for Father's Day, birthday, Christmas. I won't lie, it would nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Lol glad I'm not the only one.

Quoting Boobah:

I do miss that. I don't really want to plan out, gather materials for, organize, and help make my own surprise Mother's Day craft. Lol. I'd love a little clay pot with their hand print and a flower, or a sign with that "my hands when I was very small" poem and their hand print, even a card made by them tht I don't have to tell them to make. I always make sure my husband has a special, handmade card and present for Father's Day, birthday, Christmas. I won't lie, it would nice.
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on May. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I've only homeschooled so I guess I don't miss it since I've never had it :)

katinahat
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:26 PM

My husband did a Pinterest craft with our daughter so that I wouldn't feel left out. It was really sweet of them :)

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

http://merrrfamily.blogspot.com/

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, wow , that has  never occured to me. I guess we've been out of the school system for so long that I no longer even think of things like this anymore.  So I guess my answer is NO, I don't miss anything about public school.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Not really. My daughter makes things for me all the time.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Lol I only think about it around Mother's Day but we've been out ps for 5 years.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Oh, wow , that has  never occured to me. I guess we've been out of the school system for so long that I no longer even think of things like this anymore.  So I guess my answer is NO, I don't miss anything about public school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)