Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What types of projects do you use to inspire them?

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

What type of special projects do you do to inspire your child's creativity?

I want to make sure that while they are learning, that they are also free to explore their creativity.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on May. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I don't give the projects they come to me with project ideas they have found on their own usually through YouTube videos of tutorials.

My 9y/o DD loves to make things for her dolls like furniture, clothes & accessories.

Kat0038
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We have been doing lapbooks, but just about anything that has to do with art and crafts

usmom3
by BJ on May. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Oh & the other day all on their own my 7 & 9 y/o made nature dioramas using rocks, sticks, cloth napkins (as the ground & water) & littlest pet shops. My 9y/o DD was of Warrior Cats from the book series.

jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I found the greatest thing I can do is to give them freedom.  I have plastic bins of art and science supplies always available.  I run by ideas by them and see what they think.  I let them pick and choose.  We are currently working on time line of Japanese robotics.  It is over 10 feet long.  If my kids want to do something different for school then we just go with it.  I also find shows on TV for them to help inspire their creativity.  They each have their own lego city.  I allow them to do their school work any way they wish.  For spelling I let them pick all their words and how they learn them.  I encourage them to play with math.  This next year I am planning a class called creative math.  I am purchasing workbooks that use art and projects to teach math.  We have already done quite a few of the projects and they are a lot of fun.  My son has stack of papers that he calls my way homework.  He does his spelling and other subjects any way he wishes in them.  It was all his idea.  The greatest way to encourage creativity is freedom.    Most kids are naturally creative.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I usually just help them when they get excited about something. Like right now my daughter and her neighbor are collecting rocks for their "rock company". (They truly believe people will buy them. Lol) so they wanted cardboard to make signs, drew chalk on the sidewalk, made price tags, and went all out.
She wants a tree house but that isn't happening right now so I let them clear a spot in the woods to make a little club. They are having a blast.
I normally just provide supplies, occasionally I will talk about something or we will read something and it will inspire us to venture out more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)