Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
If so, how do you camp? In a tent, under the stars, in a camper, a cabin, etc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE comping...my family...not so much lol.  For me, camping is just a sleeping bag and a canoe, although a tent is pretty nice to have too when not camping alongside a river.

Finally found the pictures...

Nap time waiting for the others to catch up

This was a "luxury" find LOL

we carried a lot of food with us tho in our canoes lol. Sorry - but I don't eat food that is *that* fresh lol (and I highly doubt the three of us could've cleaned anything properly if we could stomach it). One cooler for drinks, the other for food - a weeks worth.

We stay at one spot for no more than 3 days, and then leave the site exactly as we found it (or better) and move on to the next one.  <- that is my ideal camping 
(on this trip we did have a tent too. There were too many ticks that particular trip. After the canoe nap, we voted to set up tent lol.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Im too urban for that! LOL

oredeb
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

i love to camp, we have a shepherds tent we use, with a wood burning stove inside. we like to camp in the backwoods, where theirs no one else around

usmom3
by BJ on May. 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

The last time we tried camping it was a total bust!

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Yeah indoors in a hotel room lol :) My oldest son and my husband just went period camping. I think the time frame is 1750 to 1800. They loved it, so that means once the baby gets a little older I get to spend a couple weekends a year outside in a heavy dress and having to go to the bathroom in an outhouse. Lucky me! lol

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My version of camping is staying in a bungalow. :) Gotta have the indoor plumbing. lol
Pukalani79
by Kristin on May. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We love to camp, but we dont do it very often. :(  We're tent campers.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM
No but i think i want to now just to explore more home school

Quoting Boobah:

If so, how do you camp? In a tent, under the stars, in a camper, a cabin, etc?

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I love to camp. We usually camp in a tent but we are turning a shed into a more permanent sleeping spot on some property. It will have electricity and running water.
bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM

We have a tent and a pop-up camper.  I like both.  Ds1 is a cubscout, so we go tent camping with the cubscouts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)