Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi new- and need help with ideas for 2nd grade+3rd grade.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi- my name is Krys- I have 3 girls (2 are in public school, the other is a toddler.) My oldest is in 2nd grade and shes having a terrible time and most likely will have to repeat. If a miracle and she passes FL Writes handwritting state test and does good in reading summer camp, she might be able to pass. *Sigh.* My other is in K, and shes doing wonderful (reading at almost a 2nd grader level.)

Okay, my husband is going to his GED program school this year, and then taking the GED and going into the navy. We have talked into SEVERELY doing it once he goes to bootcamp/transfers to schooling or base. We think it will help Hailey my oldest (my youngest thinks its soo cool lol.) Also my kids have gotten strep FIVE times this year... so thats helping me like homeschooling.

So either if I do it this coming yr, they will be 1st grade and 2nd grade (or 3rd if my miracle), or 2nd and 3/4th. What I read is everyone says "read your laws then it will be easier to find what you need for your kids." But Im in a confused state bc I dont know if it will be FL or somewhere else. From the basics this is my general ideas what to do, any blank imputs would help:

Language Arts: All about Reading, Handwritting without tears, --NEED GRAMMAR.

Spelling: All About Spelling

Math: Math U See

Science:

History/Geography:

Art: Pinterest and online resources.

Foriegn Language Spanish:

Thank you in advance!

by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (11-12):
mommyofnoah208
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Usborne Books have fabulous books to help with many subjects. Some of my favorites are their First Encyclopedias, Ilustrated Dictionaries, Learning Pallette (which they also have an awesome online version) and their Learning Wrapups. http://V3421.myubam.com/c/69/non-fiction

Let me know if i can help with anything!
oahoah
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I would look into where you are now, not where you "might" be in the future.  As a homeschooler you don't have that stigma of "failure" so whether or not your daughter passes to 3rd grade shouldn't matter so much. Go by what she needs to catch up on or what her weak areas were in school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN