Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you Believe in Bigfoot?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

do you believe hes real?

have you seen one?

we've been watching the 'finding bigfoot series on the tv, kids want to make reports on it!

by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on May. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I believe that there are many undiscovered species & that there is a creature that is seen & called Bigfoot but I bet if ever one is officially found it will be different from all the ideas we have of it. In history we have had many animals misidentified & written off as a nonspecies for example the rhinoceros was first believed to be a unicorn & the public was told gorillas where fictitious creatures that could never be real!

oredeb
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM

hahahah rhinos unicorns!! thats a good one

Quoting usmom3:

I believe that there are many undiscovered species & that there is a creature that is seen & called Bigfoot but I bet if ever one is officially found it will be different from all the ideas we have of it. In history we have had many animals misidentified & written off as a nonspecies for example the rhinoceros was first believed to be a unicorn & the public was told gorillas where fictitious creatures that could never be real!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on May. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM

My son loves that show! Being West Coasters, Big Foot lore is huge.  A big part of me kind of laughs it off as a hoax, but there's a small part that says "Who knows?" :)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM

We like watching that show too :)
Growing up in the Kettle Morain Glacier park region in Wisconsin, I grew up on Big Foot stories lol. Now being in the Appalachians in West Virginia, I hear tons of stories too.
There is the skeptic in me that believes it isn't big foot, but something being mis-identified, and then there is the other part of me that is more optomistic that knows that we have not discovered all the different species of plants and animals in the world, so there very well could be something out there like a big foot.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

We all love that show too.  I can believe that there is a creature similar to a Bigfoot that has not yet been identified.  There are too many reports (yes, I know many are fake) for something not to be out there.  There are also new species of animals/plants made every year..

jeweldragons
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

No. Just like I don't believe in Aliens.

oredeb
by on May. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yes i like the show also, yes big foot lore is huge over here in the northwest, i grew up on it, bigfoot festivals, parades, etc

one of the guys in the 'finding bigfoot' show lives here in our city, what a fun job!!

Quoting Pukalani79:

My son loves that show! Being West Coasters, Big Foot lore is huge.  A big part of me kind of laughs it off as a hoax, but there's a small part that says "Who knows?" :)

Crowsnest5
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Same could be asked about the Loch Ness Monster :) My son is very interested in it right now and checking books out at the library about Loch Ness~ LOVE to see him sitting on his bed reading!!

didavis
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Well, I think that someone would have seen them in the areas they have been reported and actually caught. So, no. Something that big cannot be seen by one person then hide when so many others are looking.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I totally agree with this. I know there are tons of animals as yet undetected. There have been a bunch in the last few years that have been discovered. So it really wouldn't surprise me if there was such a creature. It also wouldn't surprise me to discover 99.99% of what we attributed to the creature is false..lol.

Quoting usmom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)