Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Apologia astronomy

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
Is apologia astronomy too much for a Kindergartener? My middle child is going into K this year (she turns 5 the end of July) I planned on doing Apologia Astronomy for my 2nd grader...my K'er is dying to do it with us....I was thinking if I bought another junior notebook journal, she could join us. But idk if it would be too much.
What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ablessedlife
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Dos your Kindergartener read yet?  She might not be able to do the journal activities.  Otherwise, Astronomy is one of the lower level books in the series, so I think she would get some things out of it.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on May. 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM
No. We are working with sight words and bob books. I think I'll have her sit in with us and we'll make a lapbook for her instead of the notebook journal

Quoting ablessedlife:

Dos your Kindergartener read yet?  She might not be able to do the journal activities.  Otherwise, Astronomy is one of the lower level books in the series, so I think she would get some things out of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on May. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
My daughter is in K(she is 5). She got it for Christmas and carries it everywhere! She loves to learn facts about all the different planets and to look at the pictures. we love, love, love apologia science!
avonleajules1
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Thanks for asking this question. My kids will be in 3rd and K and I was wondering the same thing. I think the lapbook route will work great.

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on May. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I sat down last night and looked at the jr notebook journal, and honestly...I don't know why she wouldn't be able to do it. Lol

We decided we are doing the lapbooks so she can go back and look

Quoting avonleajules1:

Thanks for asking this question. My kids will be in 3rd and K and I was wondering the same thing. I think the lapbook route will work great.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kristin on May. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'm using it with my 5th, 3rd and 2nd grader.  My older two seem to learn quite a bit.  My 2nd grader has some learning delays and she absorbs what she absorbs.  They enjoy the projects a lot though and learn as much from doing those as anything.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on May. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I love the lapbook idea

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

I think I'll have her sit in with us and we'll make a lapbook for her instead of the notebook journal

Quoting ablessedlife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)