Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

College by 12?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 16 Replies
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKC3WY51LA

Have you seen this?
by on May. 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

No. What's it about?

oredeb
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

thats pretty neat! 

usmom3
by BJ on May. 16, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I don't know if I would want my kids to go to collage that young. I am a firm believer that childhood should last as long as it can because it is to short to begin with!

Britty1987
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
This family has homeschooled their children and they have really emphasized areas of interest. The oldest 4 have been to college by age 12!

Quoting mem82:

No. What's it about?

Britty1987
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I thought do too! One reason we are choosing homeschool is so we can really focus more on areas of interest. I don't plan on trying to get him into college early, but if he were ready early I'd be open to that option

Quoting oredeb:

thats pretty neat! 

Britty1987
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I feel the same way. But at the same time I don't want to hold him back if he's truly advanced and ready for more

Quoting usmom3:

I don't know if I would want my kids to go to collage that young. I am a firm believer that childhood should last as long as it can because it is to short to begin with!

usmom3
by BJ on May. 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I do believe that you can let them advance with out sending them to collage at 12 especially in this day & age where some of the top university's have their classes on-line, open to anyone that want's to attend them & they can do it for free! Shot you can learn almost everything there is to learn from the internet if you are willing to search & find it!

Quoting Britty1987:

I feel the same way. But at the same time I don't want to hold him back if he's truly advanced and ready for more

Quoting usmom3:

Britty1987
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Really? I've never seen free ones

Quoting usmom3:

I do believe that you can let them advance with out sending them to collage at 12 especially in this day & age where some of the top university's have their classes on-line, open to anyone that want's to attend them & they can do it for free! Shot you can learn almost everything there is to learn from the internet if you are willing to search & find it!

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on May. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Yep, let me see if I can find the article that list all of them.

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on May. 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Boy that was easy! I didn't even need the article this is the site that the article was about.

OpenCulture.com

Quoting usmom3:

Yep, let me see if I can find the article that list all of them.

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting usmom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN