Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We have a ton of praying mantis-(es?) that come around every year and love to watch them. We have tons of different kinds of aphids that blend into the local foliage that we love playing "Wheres Waldo" with too. But never before have we gotten the joys of checking out a Luna moth.

I'm not a huge bug fan, but I must admit, discovering them on my own versus discovering that they are on me (or in the house) is a much more comforting feeling lol. We've invited caterpillars into the home (literally from off the street) in jars to watch the whole metamorphis process and then released the butterflies, and this year we purchased mantis eggs to try and keep the dwindling population around here up (I'm starting to miss my stink bug eaters lol). The kids just seem to eat this stuff up, and I am very happy to say that they are becoming less and less afraid of bugs (although my daughter decided to keep her distance from the moth since she hasn't read up on if they were poisonous or not herself yet lol).

Do your kids like discovering the different buggy friends that are in your area/region?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Replies (11-11):
Momof697
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Yes my kids like everything I am freaked out by.    They have "pet bugs" and heaven forbid I should kill one accidently thinking that it was just a bug. They also like the non"bug"gy varieties, snakes, spiders, and mice, and anything that should not be in my house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN