Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I FINALLY found his weakness Muwahaha

Posted by   + Show Post

Sorry lol. I'm just excited. After knowing my little guy can read for so long, and him just telling me he can't without trying, and weeks to months of backing off and trying to sneak things in here and there, I have finally found the one thing that will get him to read.

My kindle!

I downloaded the Starfall app last night since Amazon was nice enough to gift the 500 coin thing they just started. I tried it out this morning. He asked to play on my Kindle, and I pulled up the app. He immediately went right into it. At first he didn't want to even try, but I told him if he didn't read, he'd break my kindle and then no one could use it (a little white lie doesn't hurt does it?) He pouted for a couple minutes, but then read everything for Zac the Rat. After finishing reading hisself, then he listened to the audio part to make sure he read it right, and he never touched the words for the app to tell them what they said - he sounded everything out :).

I'm so happy right now, I could do a jig lol. I told him too, if he kept this up every day, we'd get him a new game on his Leap Pad. He got so excited he tackle hugged me lol. FINALLY progress!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on May. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (11-11):
mommy2kaelynn
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
That is AWESOME!! Congratulations!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)