Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Whats your favorite homeschool curriculum, publisher ?

Posted by   + Show Post

do you have a favorite?

one you'd recommend to other moms?

something you would always use for homeschooling?

why is it your favorite?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My own using living books and my own ideas.  

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Bumping! Im shopping for next year already. Im curious if anyone can add to this list :)
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I like math u see, all about spelling, first language lessons of a Well trained mind, writing with ease, and I like critical thinking press for an added challenge.
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I already bought our social studies, reading street and little dd's science for next year because they were on sale at Christmas time.  :)

Quoting irvinehiker: Bumping! Im shopping for next year already. Im curious if anyone can add to this list :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Math Mammoth, unfortunately DS hates it.  History- Story of the World

I love Explode the Code as well.  The others I have so far are ok, or I haven't used them enough to know yet.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Pearson Homeschool is our favorite for language arts.  We love their Reading Street, Comprehension Plus, and other books.  I already purchased our social studies through them for next year, and Scott Foresman Science for younger dd.

Math in Focus through MySaxonHomeschool is the math program we enjoy.  Older dd loves their Science Fusion (little dd likes it too but prefers a book versus online).  Their Harcourt Horizons Social Studies is wonderful too.

The Mailbox books is our supplement for everything.  They have fun math, writing, reading, social studies, bulletin board, crafts, cooking, etc., books and we enjoy adding them to our studies.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting kmath:

I love Explode the Code as well.  The others I have so far are ok, or I haven't used them enough to know yet.

I love math mammoth too. Even my kids love it. I though they wouldnt do well with a workbook format but they are doing great with it. Im def keeping it for next year.
kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

We are going to try Beast Academy next year because it is in more of a comic book format.  I think DS will do better with that.  I think Math Mammoth is awesome and would reccomend it, even though it didn't work out for us.

Quoting irvinehiker:
Quoting kmath:

I love math mammoth too. Even my kids love it. I though they wouldnt do well with a workbook format but they are doing great with it. Im def keeping it for next year.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I will have to check that out I have not heard of that.

Quoting kmath:

We are going to try Beast Academy next year because it is in more of a comic book format.  I think DS will do better with that.  I think Math Mammoth is awesome and would reccomend it, even though it didn't work out for us.

Quoting irvinehiker:
Quoting kmath:

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It is brand new.  They put 3rd grade out this year, 4th comes out next year.  It will be for grades 2-5 when they get them all out.  It comes from the people who do Art of Problem Solving.

Quoting irvinehiker:

I will have to check that out I have not heard of that.

Quoting kmath:

Quoting irvinehiker:
Quoting kmath:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)