Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your highest level of education?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: What is your highest level of education?

Options:

High School

Some college

College degree

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

I was just wondering what everyone else highest level of education is.

Would you ever consider going back to school to either continue or further your own education?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FootballFan12
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I went to a trade school to become a cosmetologist. I would one day like to go back to school to get a degree in business.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

High school and *some* college.

My husband is the edumacated (bwahaha) one in our family, lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

ballerina.2006
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Both dh and I have AA degrees. I will eventually return to school for my teaching degree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Some college. Yes I plan on returning to school hopefully Fall 2014.  Part-time.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM

One day I will go back to school for my teaching degree.  I want to become an early childhood educator, for preschool and kindergarten, with a masters in gifted education.  Then I want to eventually start my own school in my home for 4 or  5 students per class, the classes will be a half days for preschool every other day in the morning and kindergarten every afternoon.  I think it will be fun.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM
High school and some college.
usmom3
by BJ on May. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Mine is very different. My Mom withdrew me from school when I was 15y/o & in the 9Th grade, she never enrolled me into another school (I was pregnant with my oldest at the time). without knowing it my parents unschooled me (it was only when I started learning about homeschooling & unschooling that this realization came to me). I have always loved to learn, I was the kid that questioned everything & always wanted more information & was never satisfied with the answers given. So it wasn't a big surprise that after leaving school was when I really started to want to read classic books & know history & understand science. I am self taught in everything I have learned in the last 20 1/2 years. I have no desire to ever sit in a classroom to be taught by another person those things that I can pursue & learn myself.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
in 2 months I will graduate with a bachelors
mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I have close to a Masters degree in marriage and family therapy but left school to raise and educate my children. I'm done with school.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on May. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I have a bachelors degree and started working on my masters in education.  I just stopped this past December.  I then turned 30 and realized how much I enjoy NOT being in school!  I was in school for sooooo long.  And now we have made the decision to homeschool (my kids will be going into 5th and 6th grades)...I'm not sure I will ever go back to finish my MEd.  I was getting it so I could get certified and teach, but I am not sure I really want to work in ps anymore, I have been doing it or 5 years (2 as a sub and this is my third as a para) and I don't like what I am seeing so I think it's something I probably won't go back to.

I would love to open my own preschool some day...I am qualified to do so, but not financially ready for that.  We'll see what happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN