Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your highest level of education?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What is your highest level of education?

Options:

High School

Some college

College degree

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

I was just wondering what everyone else highest level of education is.

Would you ever consider going back to school to either continue or further your own education?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I have a Associates in History and am working on my BA. when I finish that, I'll work on my masters and then more than likely a second masters degree (one in history and one in museology) If after my BA the opportunity to do anthropology comes up though, I will jump on that instead. I honestly have no desire to stop furthering my education, and as long as we have the means to do so - then I will continue to do so :)

katinahat
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I have a bachelor's degree is astronomy and astrophysics. I'd like to get my master's-- probably in library science-- someday, but for now I'm taking a long, well-deserved break.

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

http://merrrfamily.blogspot.com/

oredeb
by on May. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM

just high school, and no i wouldnt want to go to college

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I'm the same, got my double in BS (never get tired of putting it like that!) thats Bachelors of Sciences, BTW, lol :Physics and Geology. But my problem is I just love learning, so if I had unlimited time and money I'd probably be in school the rest of my life! Hehehe

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I have 2 BA degrees. Enjoyed the vast majority of my classes and I'd do it again if I had the choice. I occasionally toss around the idea of a Master's, but my life is way too full for that right now. I love learning, either on my own or in class.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I was a high school drop out.  Didn't hinder home educating all my children in the least as I was free to study on my own.  I would never go back to school but I love learning and am always studying different things :-)

rachel_2010
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I am starting to go back to school now, child is almost 2.  I am starting online university courses and a tech course from a local college, also correspondance.  I am planning on taking some courseca? (its free online univeristy courses from a univiersty in cali i believe), but take some of the child education/nutrition courses they offer as my kid starts homeschooling, just so I am better 'qualified'

JTE11
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I have a masters in education.

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on May. 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Masters degree in Physician Assistant studies. I maintain certification and see patients a few times a year in case I want to go back someday, but I don't have a patient load of my own. I love being home and starting my homeschooling venture.
oahoah
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Graduated high school and some college. Had the luck of getting great admin jobs which led to legal secretary. Decided to stay home & raise our family. My DH went to police academy and also earned an associates degree but none of that is relevant to the field he is in now (oilfield work) and he's earning enough so that I don't have to work.  I don't haveany desire to get a degree and get in debt. My kids are still fairly young (8,5,3) and we plan on doing this (homeschool) for the long haul so no, I don't feel like getting a degree.

MammaG08
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I have a bachelors degree in education, and did some post-graduate work until my son was born.  I would LOVE to go back to school, perhaps when the kiddos are done.  I love to learn, and love to teach (especially my own little ones)!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)