Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your highest level of education?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What is your highest level of education?

Options:

High School

Some college

College degree

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

I was just wondering what everyone else highest level of education is.

Would you ever consider going back to school to either continue or further your own education?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
lucsch
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I was actually in the process of signing up for music classes at a local college (the campus two of my sons will be attending in the fall)...and I got pregnant with my daughter. So, I never went back for that. I have a BSEE but always loved playing music. Ten years later, I am not sure I'd want  to go back to college.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I never finished my BA. I used to kick myself for it before the economy took a dive and I realized I was also more highly paid than the MBA in our office, because of my abilities and experience.
Crazylife1994
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm in graduated school now working on my MBA.

Beebella
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I'm in graduate school working on my MSEd.
ClassicalMom3
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Some college, I would like to finish.
mhaney03
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I am in class right now, working on some marketing project and have no idea what i'm doing haha

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I have a BA in religion and I am working on another one in Criminology.  If I could be a lifetime student I would!

butterflymomss
by on May. 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM
High school and I'm starting college this fall and will hopefully (fingers crossed) get into the nursing program next year.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I have a degree in early childhood education. I also am 9 credits shy of a degree in Spanish, but something clicked in my brain and I didn't want to study that anymore. :) 

DH has a master's degree in art. He works as a user-interface designer, from home, for a company in another state. I don't work. I taught preK and K for a few years before I had children. I sometimes miss it but mostly, homeschooling fill that 'void' in my life.

I would go back to school to get a degree that would make it possible for me to earn more money, if the need arose. Like if DH was unable to work or died, I would probably get a medical degree, or at the very least, a master's degree so I could earn more $. With my degree, I could find lots of jobs, but not jobs that would pay enough to support me and my children. Even though it's unfair and I don't feel degrees show a person's worth or intelligence, it's the main why we are evaluated on how much we can be paid for doing our work. 

I wouldn't go back to school just for the heck of it, without planning to work afterwards. To me, that would be a waste of resources. I think all women should have college degrees, though. (all men too of course - but definitely all women - even if they only plan to be a "stay at home mom" in adulthood - it's an excellent insurance policy!).

101stwife
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I have a college degree in Criminal Justice specializing in Forensics. I am currently in college for Paralegal as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)